Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Roasted Red Bell Pepper Bruschetta Topping

When we were invited to friends for dinner last week, we wanted to bring along an appetizer. It needed to be something easy, but tastes good.

One can never go wrong with a toasted baguette....

Add some roasted red bell peppers, fresh mozzarella, red onion, garlic, capers, a little olive oil,
balsamic vinegar, a dash of salt and pepper, and parsley for color....


Marry the two together...

Delicious.

Tony suggested to our host, Marci, to take the extra Red Bell Pepper Bruschetta  Topping and toss it with some pasta for an easy dinner. Almost wanted to take the left overs home when I heard that suggestion!

Don't you love when the left overs can become something wonderful?


8 comments:

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

I could seriously sit down and eat a whole plate of that. And not share, either!!! ;-)

Have a wonderful Tuesday!
Hugs,
Anne

Love the Decor! said...

Love this. I could make a meal out of just that!!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

That looks delicious. I will have to try it.

dee dee said...

Wendy and Tony,
If I host a party here, will you attend and bring this dish too? I can dream can't I!
Looks very yummy and your photographs are beautiful!
Dee Dee

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

I just ate a huge dinner but I'm pretty sure I could devour that appetizer right now!! It looks delicious!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

You had me at bruschetta. I'm a sucker for it.

Donna said...

This looks yummy! I make something similar to this with feta instead of the mozzarella. But I love fresh mozzarella, too:)

~marci said...

Another amazing Tony dish~ love that this was his mother's traditional recipe. It never made it to the pasta dish though, I had it for lunch the next day, and Bob finished it off at dinner! Thanks again for a wonderful evening. Can't wait to do a sushi nite that we can post here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity