Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pumpkin Creme Brulee

I am happy to tell you this post is from Tony tonight!!

Pumpkin Creme Brulee, great this time of year!!

Ingredients:
2 cups Heavy Cream2/3 cups packed light brown sugar,
plus 1/3 cup for caramelizing the custard tops
5 Large egg yolks
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin (1 3/4 cups)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
If you don't have all of these, Pumpkin spice works just as fine.
Special equipment needed:
8 (6ounce) custard cups
Hand-held propane torch, optional
(can use broiler if you don't have a torch)

How to prepare:

Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.


In a medium saucepan, heat the cream over medium heat, stirring often.
Until tiny bubbles appear around the edges.


Remove from the heat and stir in 2/3 cup brown sugar until sugar is dissolved.

                     Gradually whisk the hot cream into the pumpkin mixture. Pour equal amounts  (about 1/2 cup) of the pumpkin custard into 8 6-ounce custard cups.
transfer the cups to a large roasting pan and place in the oven.


Pour enough boiling water around the cups to come 1/2 inch up the sides.

Bake until a knife comes out almost clean about 1 hour. Remove the custards from the water and cool on a  wire rack. cover when cool, and chill at least three hours or overnight.
They can be made up to two days in advance.
Sprinkle tops with brown sugar.

Use a torch to lightly caramelize tops or a broiler works just fine.

Serve immediately and enjoy!!
Ginger Snap Cookies, or Vanilla Ice Cream is a good side with these!!
Tony

Linking to Foodie Friday

12 comments:

Red Couch Recipes said...

I saw a recipe from one of the Women's Mags that was similar to this and it is definitely on my to do list. I bet it tasted fabulous! Joni

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

This looks great! I love anything that includes pumpkin. What a perfect recipe for fall. Thanks for sharing, Tony!

Love the Decor! said...

Oh My goodness Creme Brulee is a favorite of mine Must say I have never had pumpkin brulee . Guess I am going to have to try it
(you guys make it hard to be on a diet : ) first the shortbread prize and now this : )

The Fajdich Times said...

Creme Brulee is my favorite. Can't wait to try your recipe:)

Mimi said...

Pumpkin and creme brulee a fabulous combination.
Mimi

Karen said...

Man, I just thought of one more reason I miss having you as our neighbors! Looks delicious....

Wendy said...

Karen, I know...we had no one to give the extra's, too!
Wendy

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

Creme brulee is my favorite dessert, and now, with the pumpkin, I can pretend it's healthy for me too!

Cozy Home Scenes said...

My family and I love creme brulee. Looks like we really need to try the pumpkin flavored. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

alissa said...

I love creme brulee and the pumpkin in it sounds delicious. Thanks for this great recipe Tony!

~marci said...

this was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !!!! Thanks for sharing your talent with our family, Tony!

dee dee said...

Tony,
I do think that if you ever get your bakery up and running I should just have to move to PA!
Yummy!
Dee Dee

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity