Sunday, October 10, 2010

U.S.S. Algae....

Once upon time Tony and I would have dreamed of a night time cruise on a dinner ship, but today our dream is of floating in Algae. Well, not really. Every month we try to plan a date night with our good friends from High School. Before kids we might have planned a night time cruise, but now we plan a fun date night that includes the kids. It is a win win situation for everyone!

Our kids have been bugging us to get the canoe in the pond. When we moved in the algae was out of control and extremely gross. We have been working hard to clear it up and the algae situation is so much better than it was.  Since we can see bottom in some area's of the pond we decided to take the USS Algae a float.

For some reason Sarah and I were sent out first. It reminds me of the Life cereal commercial, "Let Mikey try it."  Off we go....



Sarah is looking at all the Algae under the water, we are both thinking please don't let us tip over! I think I must have said, "Sit still" at least 100  times!! 

We survived which meant the rest of the family would survive their ride on the USS Algae!


If you look closely at Maddie...her exact words were,
" I am holding on for dear life."
She did have to endure being in the boat with
two boys, who do like to tease about tipping the boat.

Fishing...
What is it about little boys and worms?
Tonight worms and maggots are the bait of choice.
If you notice the girls decided to sit this one out!

They caught some sunnies and two awesome catfish!
All (fish) were set free back into the pond!

Awards were given out for the following:

First catch of the day:

The smallest catch of the day:


The largest catch of the day:
The rod needed to be handed over to an adult...
see how it is bending?

The boys are patiently waiting to see who will win,
the fish or the rod?

We are happy to say the rod won
and a big catty was brought to shore!
After some Ooo's and Aaaa's the catty
was set free!

Next on the agenda...Smore's!

Linking to Mosaic Monday's!!

26 comments:

Karen said...

I love it! Looks like a wonderful evening was had by all... I am so happy that you are enjoying your beautiful yard! And I thought it was very funny that you and Sarah were sent out first, wasn't it you or Sarah, who fell in first too???? ;)

Katie said...

Sounds like so much fun!!! And I can't believe the boys weren't sent out first :)

Allie and Pattie said...

How wonderful! It's so great to see you all enjoying your new home- I KNEW you had found the perfect place!
xoxo Pattie

T's Daily Treasures said...

Looks like great fun and fabulous weather. I love to fish -- but do not like baiting the hook, or taking the fish off. :/ Hope you have a great week. :) Tammy

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Looks like fun. Our pond is not quite big enough for canoeing. We have gold fish in ours. We also have snakes. We have had to deal with algae, too. It drives me crazy.

dee dee said...

Wendy,
Built in fun right in your own back yard! I just love it! Zac would be green with envy to be able to fish in the backyard! It looks like everyone enjoyed their evening!
Dee Dee

Debbie said...

Oh that looks so fun Wendy!!~ What a great family day. I have a feeling there will be lots of outings at your house with friends:) Beautiful pics.

Sarah @ Mum In Bloom said...

Wendy your photos are beautiful. I love the one of your youngest daughter looking over the side of the boat. What a wonderful family day :)

Snap said...

What a great time on the USS Algae!!! Add fishing to that and you have the perfect day. Wonderful memories for you and yours.

Vee said...

A fun time for everybody I think...the gals may not always have been so thrilled. Cute pictures!

Dishesdone said...

What an awesome day! But LOL at the SIT DOWN part :) Fun mosaics, great shots!

Jen said...

how fun to do all of that right in your backyard!!! I still think of Sarah being little - she is so beautiful and looks way older than 8! Maybe next home game sarah can stop over-
And yes....I am going on a girls trip next month...counting down the days!

EG Wow said...

This is a lovely peek into your life! :)

Donnie said...

It looks like you all had a lot of fun. I'm challenged and my hubby won't get a canoe with me. I dumped him twice in 44 years and he said the third time "I'm out"....lol.....

A Garden of Threads said...

What an adventure, right in the backyard. Take care and have a great week:)

Never Enough Thyme Creations said...

What a beautiful way to save and share your memories of a glorious day!

Annette Smith said...

Looks like a wonderful time. Love your mosaics

Atelier de Charo said...

What a fantastic family day!

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

What great fun. I like that the pond is big enough for a canoe ride.

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

We will have to tell Trudy that since her boys have been featured in two blogs now, it is time for her to start her own! What a fun day, love the pic of you and Sarah in the boat!

Diana said...

Love the pictures.
looks like a really fun day out.

Diana

Kim said...

Such cute pix Wendy - looks like you are truly livin' the dream.
xoxo,
Kim

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for sharing your fun day. I would have sent the guys out in the boat first. :D

Home's Where My Heart Is said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Great pictures, too.

I am with you on the whole date night thing. Just this weekend my husband and I were discussing how we would probably not take a trip without the kids until they are gone. We'd miss them so much.

See you soon at Relevant!!

Blessings,
Erin

Home's Where My Heart Is said...

Wendy, I just noticed you live in PA!! I have a question about the transportation system there, as I've never been.

I am staying at the hotel where the conference takes place. I am dying to go to Lancaster and I think what I'll do is take the bus from the hotel to Amtrak, take Amtrak to Lancaster and back. It seems like a pretty quick and very inexpensive way to get there. But, since I know nothing about the area, can you weigh in on this and tell me what you think of my plan? Would a bus be better?

Thanks!!

:)Erin

Sherry said...

What great pictures of you guys! it looks like it was a fun outing. Thanks for stopping by.
Sherry

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity