Saturday, October 16, 2010

Trash to Dog Food....

For months I have wanted to join in Debbiedoos party, but with the move I couldn't justify buying more things when we were suppose to be down sizing. It wasn't too long ago I had received the advice from some of you to not worry about buying new things for the house, just to hide them! Well, it would be just wrong of me not to listen to you....right?
This trash can was found at a local antique store for $7.00. It is a little dented and scratched! Perfect for its intended use.....


I slid it in the garage among the boxes and it was loaded onto the moving truck with no questions asked!! When we got to the new home I added Lily's Dog food to the can. Her dog food would be sitting by the side door and wanted to disguise it, although guest thought that it was a trash can and not a dog food container...umm....wonder why?


 Broke out the Cricut and black vinyl. (Sorry the photo is blurry)

No mistaking its intended use!

I think Lily even likes it. I couldn't get her out of the way to take the picture!


Stop by Debbies and see the other fun Garage Sale finds!!

12 comments:

Kim said...

Love it Wendy! It's a perfect addition to your mud room. Hope you are enjoying your weekend!
xoxo,
Kim

Debbie said...

Now that is seriously a cool find! You certainly made good use out of it, and cute too for a garbage can. Thanks Wendy for joining, I am so glad you finally could. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Debbie

Donnie said...

It looks like you dog totally approves of your marking his territory...lol.... That's a better way to keep dog food than in the bags. Looks like a good find.

Katie said...

Oh my gosh, that is SO cute!!! I have got to get a cricut!!

And, underwater hockey's a bit strange. But fun! You wear a snorkel, mask and fins, and basically play hockey on the bottom of the pool with a shorter stick. Kind of looks like a shark feeding frenzy :)

Melissa said...

Lily looks like she is digging the new can.

Jen said...

I wish I had your talent..Lily is huge!!!
Glad to know Tyson was the topic of your dinner conversation...hopefully after you digested your food!!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hey there- blogger keeps skipping out on comments today! Trying again- Love the container! It came out great- I am looking for ways to store both dog and cat food- this came out so cute! I'll have to keep my eye out for a couple cute containers like this :)

Corners of My Life said...

I have never seen a Cricut machine but hear about them all the time. Perfect solution.

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Too cute! I love it!

Leann said...

Cute idea! I've been thinking about a cricut - what are your thoughts on yours?

Thanks!
Leann

Linda said...

I love this project! Looks great and so useful!!

dee dee said...

Wendy,
i hope you enjoy your trash can turned dog food holder as much as we have enjoyed ours! I love the fact you were able to find a "gently used" trash can... I would have loved to have found one like yours, instead I bought a new one. You addition of the lettering is perfect!
Dee Dee

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity