Monday, October 25, 2010

Finding purpose...

How do you learn? I am a visual and tactile learner. Put it in my hands and let me give it a try and I will remember every detail. Maybe that is why when I sit down at the keyboard it is sometimes difficult for me to put my thoughts on paper. Let me try to explain this weekend visually….

I went to the Relevant10 conference feeling like my roadside dresser. I have a purpose, although sometimes I might not work as well as I use to. I have a few dents, scratches and extra layers of paint added over the years. The paint was mostly added to cover up the scratches…a quick fix. I am missing hardware, which makes it sometimes difficult for me to fulfill my purpose. Purpose, sometimes I even forget what my main purpose was. Traveling down this road will most likely not fulfill the needs of the people who need me the most.



The structure of this roadside dresser is solid. It only needs a little care, love and someone who willing to place the time and effort to bring its purpose back to life. This dresser is willing to be sanded, cracks filled, painted, and new hardware placed. This dresser wants to be put back together, to be made new again. To know it has a purpose.



A new purpose was born for this roadside find, because it was loved by someone and brought back to life. Just like this dresser, I learned this weekend about peeling back the layers (Ann), focusing on the one that loves me the most (Courtney), finding my purpose, being okay with the purpose I was given (Angie), and finding balance (Crystal).

And just like my dresser, my purpose may change as the seasons of life changes, but that is okay, because I will always be in the hands of the one that loves me the most….God.

Sally Clarkson stated we should "always place yourself in the presence of someone who makes you want to love God more" and that is exactly what this weekend was about!

Leslie it is great to be able to hear your voice now when I read your emails and tweets!

Do you remember when I posted about Mela for Sunday Song?
She shared her CD with each one of us!

Erin, I thought we weren't going to get to meet and then on the last night we got to sit next to each other for dinner. God is awesome and answers prayers!

Traci is the first blog I ever read, even before I knew what blogger or google reader was! She touched my heart then with her stories and sweeter than ever in person. She is the reason I started a blog today.

A special thank you to my adopted roommates Leslie, Jennifer, Ashley and Lisa! Thanks for the invitation and making me feel welcome!
You girls are great!!

I encourage you to visit Relevant10 to read some beautiful well written stories.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

It was such a pleasure, Wendy! What a weekend! I am trying to process it all. Phew, not easy. I love the way you wrote of it today.
I hope that you have a wonderful week. Looking forward to keeping in touch!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Wow Wendy! What a fantastic experience you must have had! Your post today was beautiful...Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Rene said...

Yay! Sounds like you had a great time and what a sweet and meaningful post.

-Rene

dee dee said...

Wendy,
Oh.... you found the words and such beautiful words to explain your weekend. God has created you perfectly! Your sweetness, Joy for the Lord, care for your family and ablity to trust God with your dreams.... show to others in each and every post. You are a light! Thank you for sharing this experience with us!
Dee Dee

MelaKamin said...

Wendy - you are the sweetest thing. I was so touched that you came up and introduced yourself and told me about posting my I Pray video on your site. Thank you! Glad God connected us and thankful you took away such Truth this weekend.

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

I loved meeting you Wendy! What a treasure you are! :)

Kim said...

Oh Wendy! So great that you were able to meet all those wonderful people face to face. I'm familiar with so many of them from blogging. I guess God knew what he was doing when He didn't let me get my ticket - I wouldn't have been able to go anyway. Glad you all had fun.
xoxo,
Kim

Leslie @ goodbye, house! HELLO, HOME! said...

Oh!
My face is on your blog, LOL!
I too, love hearing your voice when you write me!
I sure wish we lived closer!!!
Wahhhhhhh! (Can you hear me whining?)
Yes, isn't Traci awesome!
I finally got a peek at the "house" she is thinking of restoring!
She must have a lot of energy--but it is an awesome home.
I miss you!
~me

Natasha said...

I have just had a great big catch up of your posts and have really enjoyed reading all of your news. I am so glad that you had a wonderful time at this conference Wendy. You are so lucky to be able to attend these kinds of things.

Congratulations on your 1st blogiversary too. Boy time flies when you are having fun!

Take care and best wishes,
Natasha.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity