Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Delivery Surprise

To my excitement UPS arrived at the same time I arrived home from work! WooHoo! This meant the desk we have been patiently waiting for has arrived! Figuring the desk required two people to carry it, I politely asked if he needed any help. He looked at me like I had 3 heads and replied he was fine carrying the boxes.

“Boxes” I asked.

“Yes, 3 boxes” he replied with a smile.

I think he found humor in the fact that the desk comes unassembled and in 3 boxes.

No….problem! How long can it take to put a desk together?

(Contents of one box)

Well Girls…..3 hours later…. and what feels like 50 pieces of wood….1000 screws….I surrender!




I decided to let my screwdriver take a well needed rest and enjoy photo's of finished office space!  I think he was getting a little frustrated!

Loving this black and white color scheme.

Ooo...this organization makes my heart flutter! Love organization!

This is beautiful!

(Photos: Country Living)
Isn't it awesome how the book shelves are built around the desk!

Well girls I should get back to work!

8 comments:

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

I was so excited to get a visit from the UPS man today too! Only my package was small and was a replacement piece for our stereo. :) Your new desk looks great so far! You will feel so proud once you have it all assembled.

Alison said...

Oooh...I am not a putter-together! Especially when there are instructions and loose hardware involved. But keeping your eyes on the finished product is smart...just don't do that last idea. Those shelves are gorgeous...but all the dusting? Sheesh!

dee dee said...

Wendy,
Wonderful choice on your new desk! I can't wait to see the finished project! Your inspiration photos are great... my ofice still looks the same way it did two months ago...fall has been busy, I am sure your office will be complete before I even get mine painted!
Dee Dee

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

The desk will be awesome. I would have died if that many parts were necessary. I'm horrible with assembly. And patience.

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

I am impressed you even tried to do the desk. Impressed but not surprised.

I totally would have saved that task for Dave.
Can't wait to see the finished product!

Corners of My Life said...

I look forward to the "reveal" when the desk is finished and in its home.

Design Elements said...

your post "mystery of grace" is so beautiful!

Kim said...

I remember having to put a hutch together once - same as your desk - hundreds of screws and lots of directions that didn't make a lick of sense to me! You were smart to take a break!
xoxo,
Kim

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity