Thursday, October 7, 2010

Baked Oatmeal....


The beginning of this week was cold and rainy. We were all craving a warm breakfast in the morning and Madeline reminded us that we haven't had Baked Oatmeal in awhile. Which was a great idea, because we ate it not only for breakfast, but also for our after school snack and then again as an evening snack.  It's healthy right? 



This recipe originally comes from my friend Laura. We would enjoy it for our weekly team meetings at work! What a great way to start your day at work...wouldn't you agree?

Baked Oatmeal
1 cup oil
1 1/2 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
6 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
2 cups milk

Mix oil, sugar, vanilla and eggs thoroughly. Add baking power, salt, and milk, stirring til well combined; add oatmeal, again, mix well. Pour into greased 9x13 cake pan. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Various serving options:
1. Serve warm from the oven in bowls, alone or with cold milk, brown sugar, and/or berries.
2. Serve warm from the oven in bowls with berries and whip cream.
3. Cool completely, and cut into squares- the squares can be wrapped individually and placed in freezer. Makes for a convenient and quick breakfast. (warm in microwave for 30-40 seconds)

Don't you love when breakfast tastes like dessert??

I have one more picture to share with you....
my friends and I went out for breakfast
and we got stuffed baked oatmeal....
I couldn't resist taking a picture to share with you..

Now that was definitely dessert for breakfast!!

I am so excited to join in Foodie Friday this week!

10 comments:

Debbie said...

Gosh that looks good Wendy...what a sweet Mom you are to make that for the kids.

Donnie said...

I haven't had baked oatmeal in a long time and now I know it will have to made again. Laura's recipe is different then my old one so I'm anxious to try hers.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

My my that looks good. I love oatmeal and I am sure that is delicious. Thanks for sharing.

Love the Decor! said...

THough I have never made it, I love baked oatmeal !! I hope you

Love the Decor! said...

oops soory on a lap top and it isn't cooperating
I was going to say I hope you are feeling settled

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Wendy, thanks for sharing your recipe! I loved baked oatmeal and it would make the perfect breakfast on these chilly mornings we've had recently.

ButterYum said...

I know this recipe, and you're right, it's sooooo good! Happy Foodie Friday.

:)
ButterYum

the country cook said...

Wow, I've never heard of anyone using quick cooking oats for baked oatmeal...I've only seen the steel cut variety. It's nice to know you can do it with quick cooking oats, too (especially seeing as that's the kind I always have lying around). Excellent recipe! - www.delightfulcountrycookin.com

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

Mmmm, Wendy, this looks delicious....have you ever had the stuff at The Hershey Pantry---this looks even better. I can't wait to try it, thank you!

Anonymous said...

This is mouth watering! Thank you so much for making this for me. It will definitely disappear quickly. What a delicious warm autumn treat!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity