Monday, September 13, 2010

Moving In....Part I


Hello Friends.  It has been busy here at Relatively Unique. I have so much to share and having a hard time organizing my thoughts tonight. So much has happened since we moved in and there is so much to do! Moving day went great and would not have happened without the help of our family and friends! A big hug and kiss to all of them!! Thank You!!


Remember how Lowe's and Tony had difficulty getting the refrigerator in the house...well had the same problems going back out. That will be a post all by it self! It truly deserves its own story!

This is the raw tour, no touch ups on the photo's, boxes are all unpacked, no pictures hanging, and not 100% sure everything is where it belongs! So these will become our before photo's for all our projects to come.

Come on in......



How about those weeds! Some are waist high or higher! Tony and Lil Tony tackled them tonight! Good bye weeds!!


When one enters through the side door you are in the laundry room / mud room. Closet doors needed to hide the washer and dryer! After much research, we went with the whirlpool duet. So far I LOVE them!
We must come up with a plan for the shoes. Right now they don't look too bad, but last night the shoes under the bench had multiplied by 10! I am thinking a basket! Any thoughts?

Lets go into the kitchen....


The kitchen table will be staying in the kitchen.
Miss Sarah is working on her homework!



Family Room.





The Den.
Talked with my dad last night and the built in book
shelves we were planning are going to find their way in here!

For the moment it has become the catch all room.
If we don't know what to do with it, it goes in here!

First floor bathroom.

The shower curtain in on back order.


The neighbors welcomed us....

After the furniture was moved in and the fact we found paint in the basement, we decided not to change the paint colors! That's a relief! Although I do need to paint all the interior trim. Hoping to hang the pictures this weekend, which will make a huge difference.  It has been a fun process downsizing from over 3000sq ft to almost 1900 sq ft.  We feel like we have come home.

Next I'll take you on a tour of the second floor and a walk around the pond!

18 comments:

Debbie said...

How exciting, you are so busy and looks like you have done a lot so far....congrats to you and your family!

alissa said...

Hi Wendy - So glad to hear your move went well (except for the refrigerator!). Your new house looks like a great family home. I really like all the paint colors - how nice that you didn't need to change any. Can't wait to see what projects you have in store!

Jen said...

love the colors also!!

Maria M. Boyer said...

Congrats, Wendy. It is BEAUTIFUL (and you know I'm jealous). Good luck. Can't wait to see more.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

So Exciting!!! It looks so beautiful so far!! Can't wait to see more!! Congratulations!!!! :)

LUCKY 7 DESIGN said...

So happy for you Wendy...everything looks beautiful! Im jealous you even have a mudroom...I'd do laundry in there anytime. Whats on the other wall opposite the bench...could you move the bench over and kind of do a hall tree top and use the vertical space of the wall for storage. You could use piece of wainscoting and some hooks and then a toy box style bench and put shoes in there. above you could do another open box shelf with baskets for hats/gloves or any extra belongings. Cant wait to see what you do. Love the bathroom color...so pretty.

Allie and Pattie said...

Wendy, I LOVE it!!!! I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on the downsize since we will no doubt be doing the same. It's been a concern. You ARE home- it's perfect!
xoxo Pattie

Allie and Pattie said...

And if we were closer, Ray would design you the mudroom of your dreams- he's awesome with that stuff!
xoxo Pattie

Leslie @ goodbye, house! HELLO, HOME! said...

Oh, Wendy!
What a cozy cottage home!
It is simply darling!
We are looking to down-size, too.
I will be keeping an eye on you now to see if it's possible to lose 1000+ square feet and still have everyone get along ;)
Still adore your kitchen!
AND my house NEVER looked like as sweet as yours a few days after moving in--your pretty furnishings already look at home in their places.
Congratulations and may you and your family share much love and ministry, laughter and hope inside these walls.
Still going to call you closer to the Relevant conference.
Hugs,
~me
P.S. 1 basket per person under the bench? And I love the table in the middle of the kitchen--it IS the heart of the home, you know!

Jessi said...

Congratulations on your new home! It is already looking loved and beautiful.

dee dee said...

Wendy,
I'm so excited for you! I can totally see why you fell in love with this place! I thrilled for you that your family has followed this dream and I'm excited for myself that i get to watch it unfold.
Dee Dee

Atelier de Charo said...

Hi Wendy, congratulation for the new home, and for this beautiful tour. Can't wait to see moore!

Hugs
Charo

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

I can't wait to see the upstairs pictures, Wendy! Keep them coming! Congratulations!

Corners of My Life said...

Smaller is good. I would move tomorrow if a magic fairy would come and downsize all my stuff and then move me to a charming home like yours. I love the peak at the back field. Looking forward to seeing more.

Love the Decor! said...

Wow, I miss a few days of visiting and you are all moved in!!
Looks like a lovely home Wendy!!

Pamela said...

Wow! What a beautiful home you have Wendy! You all look so happy there! Sometimes I kinda wish our 3700 sq ft was more like 2400. I do not know how ya'll fit into just 1900 sq ft but then again I grew up in just 1300 sq ft. Never thought it was small till I had my own home.

Kim said...

Wowee!! Look at you all moved in and decorated already! I'm amazed Wendy, I really am. And bursting at the seams with excitement for you. I just can't wait to come visit and see it in person!
xoxo,
Kim

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

(I thought I commented earlier, but I must have only read it in my reader.) Wow! It's going to be so great. I love the kitchen and the table. Lovely lovely.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity