Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Falling up Fun....

Fall is one of my favorite times of the year.  Rene at Cottage and Vine is having a "Falling up" party and French Country Cottage is also having a fun fall party! I am so excited to join in.  You'll have to stop by Cottage and Vine and French Country Cottage to see all the wonderful ideas!!
Come on in...

K-mart is my place for Holiday wreath's this year.
Not too bad for $14.95!
(Aren't the feathers great)

Coming into the foyer/laundry room I added our mirror that use to
hang above the mantle...re-painted in black!


This year I keep the decorations simple.
The colors for fall are so warm and
inviting!



We painted and glittered the skeleton last year.
The idea came from Just a Girl
and I think she got the idea from
Martha Stewart!
Gotta love Martha!

This photo of the kids is a few years old,
but I just can't change it.
It captures all the kids at
an age when they all loved trick or treating!!
(You know the teen thing is a difficult time...
to go trick or treating or not?)

Even the kitchen counter needs a little Halloween!
(Did you spy the fabric for the kitchen curtains?
Still sewing them! Not ready to reveal just yet!)

This white pumpkin is one of my favorites!
I love the color and the size.

What would fall be
without some sunflowers?

This guy was sitting outside tonight by the pond.
Scary
and pretty cool when he takes to flight!


Are you having fun decorating for the fall?
Next is picking out Halloween costumes!
Another fun fall event in our house!

16 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Everything looks great, Wendy! Love the wreath. Great deal!

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Love all the fall touches! That wreath is so pretty. I didn't know K-Mart sold wreaths! I'll have to check them out.

dee dee said...

Wendy,
What an excellent wreath! The feathers are the best! Perfect for the Pond House! I love all your fall touches! Fall is my favorite time of the year too! I am so amazed with all you have accomplished in your new home in such a short amount of time! Way to go my friend!
Dee Dee

Debbie said...

Yepper I am having fun decorating...will share some more real soon. Your Fall touches look so pretty in your new home...you must be loving life girl!

Kathy said...

Very pretty

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love that wreath and what a great price. I would cost more than that to buy all the stuff to make one. That bird is a heron. We have them too.

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Love the pumpkins on the candlesticks!! Too cute!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Wendy,
Now that's one beautiful fall wreath...love that price tag!!! Happy Fall!!

Blessings,
Linda

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

I love this time of year! Your decorations are very pretty.

Pamela said...

Loving the wreath Wendy! Sooo pretty!

Rene said...

That was a great deal on the wreath and it adds just the touch. I'll bet your kiddos are getting excited.

Thanks for joining the "falling up" party.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi Wendy~ What a great wreath and loving all your fall decorations!! The wreath I have on my door is similar with the feathers and what not- I love that little addition to it! I am putting things out slowly... working on adding some of that fall and Halloween stuff in- Thanks for joining the Feathered Nest Party this week!!! :)

Marie said...

Hi Wendy - I love your fall decor, especially what you've done with the glass candy jars! Happy Fall and happy weekend! Stopping by from Feathered Nest Friday.
-marie

shannon i olson said...

Everything looks great, I really like the mirror with the little pumpkins on the candle sticks.

Corners of My Life said...

Your home looks so fun decorated for Autumn. Your kids must love the Halloween touches.

Traci Michele said...

Beautiful! Love your decorations! I just made a fall wreath... one or 2 posts back.

Hey there :-) I set up a meet and greet for people going to Relevant. Come check it out and find your name.

Love,
Traci

http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2010/10/20-days-till-relevant-meet-some-of.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity