Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cookie Exchange Week 4

This recipe comes from my very good friend Karen. She made these beauties last year for our X-mas cookie exchange. They just melt in your mouth! I think I ate those three right there all by myself, and felt great about it, too! They are that good!

Lemon Squares
(Kathy's Award Winning)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x15 pan with Pam.

3/4 c. butter
1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. powdered sugar
* Melt butter and mix with flour and sugar; press into a pan using a fork.
Bake 15-18 minutes, until golden brown.

3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/2 c. Granulated sugar
5 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp Flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
* Mix remaining ingredients and pour over cooked crust.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Cool completely and cover with powdered sugar!

If you have a cookie or candy recipe you would like to share, we would love for you to join in the party! Can't wait to see what you baked this week! We are at 17 recipes and counting! Can't you just imagine all the cookies we will have for the Holiday's! You guys are the best!

8 comments:

Natasha said...

I love lemon squares but have never made them. I will definitely give this recipe a try! Thanks.

I have posted a recipe on my Christmas blog. It is for eggnog cookies.

Best wishes and thanks for having me Wendy!

The Little House That Grew said...

Ok..time for a snack. My 5 kids are gonna love those!

Allie and Pattie said...

Hi Guys!! Thinking of you this week and hoping all is going well. These sound wonderful- I LOVE lemon squares! This may be a project for tomorrow
xoxo Pattie

Love the Decor! said...

I love these!! Just too busy getting ready for my open house
this weekend to put one together

Corners of My Life said...

A recipe that includes lemon is always a good thing.

dee dee said...

Wendy,
How very yummy!
I went to make cookies last night so I could join the party... no oatmeal. Maybe I should start posting the recipes with photos! I might save a few calories that way, but it wouldn't be as fun!
Dee Dee

dee dee said...

I meant to say with out photos!
dee dee

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

The recipes look delicious. I just love lemon squares! I am planning to join you again for next week's exchange, sorry this week was busy(which sounds incredibly lame telling this to a person who's unpacking a house...)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity