Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cookie Exchange Week 2

Welcome to Week 2 of the cookie exchange! Lets make it a 10 week challenge. For 10 weeks we will host the cookie exchange and by the time the Holidays are here we will hopefully have a large collection of recipes to pull from for all our Holiday entertaining! Yum!!

Thank you to all who joined in last week! We had so much fun and loved each recipe! It is a good thing we don't gain weight by reading recipes, although Lil Tony wants to make every recipe posted. Watch out friends, you might have an influx of cookies coming your way!



This week Lil Tony and I made a family favorite. The recipe comes from my Aunt Pauline. We took them to a going away party / Birthday Party with the neighbors last weekend.  Of course we keep a few at home for after school snacks.

Peanut Butter Tandy Kake's

Beat 4 eggs and 2 cups of Sugar

Add and mix well:
2 cups of flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 Cup scalding milk
2 Tbsp. butter (softened)

Pour into greased cookie sheet with sides.
(We used a 16"x11" jellyroll pan)
Bake at 350 degree for 20 minutes.
While still hot, cover with desired amount of Peanut Butter
Chill

Melt 16 oz Milk Chocolate with 2 Tbsp. butter over low heat.
Spread on top of chilled cake.
Keep Refrigerated

Hope you can join in on our cookie (candy) exchange!
If you forget the rules,
you can read them here!

What is your favorite cookie or candy recipe?
You know that cookie that you need to eat while it is still warm
and one is just never enough!




11 comments:

Allie and Pattie said...

Wendy, these look yummy- I'm going too ask Allie tomorrow if she'd like some. I'll link up again next week- I think this is an awesome idea. It's just been a rough week and I totally forgot I meant to do cookies today! I'm so sorry!
xoxo Pattie

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

Oh, yum! My mom always made Tandy Kakes for potlucks...taste just like the TAstyKake. You make it look easy! Thanks, Wendy!

LUCKY 7 DESIGN said...

Wendy those look so delicious! And easy so I can involve my little one (3) she loves peanut butter and baking. Wears a chef hat and all. lol I love those little Tasty Kake things so this will be an unlimited access supply for me. lol Thanks!

Love the Decor! said...

These look great!! I will try and get a post done so I can link up tomorrow

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Wow, those look yummy! I have so many favorite cookie recipes. I definitely need to make some and post them to your party. That didn't happen last week :). I love monster cookies, oatmeal scotchies, molasses cookies... it's never ending!! :)

Jen said...

I love these!! Steph G. makes them for my family everytime I had a baby....too bad I'm not having anymore kids!!!

Adam and Wendy said...

These look delicious....I think I'm going to try to make some cookies today or tomorrow just so I can upload the recipe!!! :) :) :)

heartnsoulcooking said...

Anything made with Peanut Butter and chocolate is a must try in my book. I will have to return to post a cookie recipe.
Geri

dee dee said...

Ohhhh these look yummy too!
Looks like Lil Tony is taking after big Tony!
How blessed are you to have to chefs in the house!
I'm hoping to get to play along next week, I remebered a no-bake recipe that we all love, I'll have to give them away, or I'll eat them all! Sending you a hug smile.... Dee Dee

Natasha said...

Look at all this yumminess! I can see that there is going to be quite a fabulous collection of cookies by Christmas! I wish I could have joined in this week but I just didn't get around to posting the recipe I had planned. I will definitely try for next week.

Best wishes for a fabulous week,
Natasha.

Adam and Wendy said...

Oh No! It's closed!! I'll upload mine next week then!! :) :) :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity