Sunday, August 8, 2010

Words to live by

I can do everything through him
who gives me strength.
~Philippians 4:13
Sarah and I drove Maddie to camp two weeks ago.
After registering her, seeing the camp nurse and dropping off
her luggage the camp councilor politely looked at me,
smiled and told me it is okay to leave...
Gave hugs and kisses, Sarah and I got in the car,
Maddie was all smiles and I was all tears.

It would only be for one week, but as I drove away
it felt like a week would feel like a life time.

Well, I am happy to report we all survived !
Maddie took over 200 photo's.
 We have are having fun going through
them and hearing of all of her adventures.

It was a week where they learned about making good choices,
trusting in God, how to trust yourself
and finding inner strength.
This was Maddie's favorite part of camp...
 the obstacle course she needed to travel to reach
the zip  line.

Here is a picture of camp.
You see those covered wagons?
They slept 3 to a wagon...
She tells me she loved every minute of it!
One evening they hiked to the "bald spot" of the mountain
and watched the sun set.
I wish I could share the photo's of her friends and
the smiles on their face as they watched the sun set.

We are so proud of her...
She went to camp for a week by herself,
 where she knew no one.
Came home with a long list of friends who she
has been writing letters to and texting.
All friends who share in the love of God.

Thank you, God for answered prayers...

Maddie also came home with some new music
to listen to...
This is Acquire the Fire







Linking to:
Sunday Song at 5 Minutes just for me
                                           Mosaic Monday at Little Red House
                                           Weekly Words to live by at Notes from a Cottage Insdustry




11 comments:

Tracy F. said...

I've never heard of a camp where the campers sleep in covered wagons. What a wonderful idea!

dee dee said...

Oh Wendy,
I might need the name of this camp, my Madison would love this too! Please tell Maddie that I just love her beautiful photos! Praise God for new friends and wisdom with choices!
Dee Dee

Secret Garden Cottage said...

What a wonderful camp!! Your daughter took some beautiful pictures, and good for her to handle a week on her own without her parents. I think it's harder on us than it is them. :)
Have a good night,
~ Jo :)

Melissa said...

Looks like a wonderful time. She has a knack with a camera too.

Indie.Tea said...

What lovely pictures. The camp looks and sounds great :)

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

Hi Wendy, so glad Maddie had fun, I'm sure leaving her there was as hard as the first day of kindergarten!
Can you email me the name of the camp?
Beth

Betty said...

Sleeping in covered wagons how fun!! She took beautiful pictures!

LUCKY 7 DESIGN said...

Beautiful photos....thats wonderful that she took them and appreciated the beauty. That camp sounds like a wonderful experience...is it in PA? Im in NJ but I would drive for my kids to have that great an experience.

Corners of My Life said...

200 photos? I see a little blogger in the making.

Rene said...

What a sweet post. I'm so glad that you trusted so that she could grow. It isn't east, but we parents must let go from time to time.

-Rene

Natasha said...

Wow, that is some camp! What an incredibly beautiful spot to think, mediate and pray in. How lucky to have had this experience.

I love the song you linked up too Wendy-great choice Maddie!

Best wishes always,
Natasha.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity