Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Merging two rooms...

A better title might be "The merging of two worlds."  Currently the girls each have their own bedroom and each room shows their personality. In about 4 weeks these two worlds rooms will collide join! In the beginning this idea went over like a lead balloon (for Maddie), but the tide is turning! Maddie and Sarah have sleep overs in each others room, practicing for the big day!

Currently this is what Maddie's room looks like:


And this is Sarah's room...


If you notice there are lots of differences between each room.
I have stepped back (referee) and allowed them to talk it through and
come up with a decorating plan.

Here is their plan:

Colors will be:
Black (Maddie's choice)
Pink (Sarah's choice)
Green (Maddie's vanity is already green)

Haven't picked a wall color yet...
(that could be because Dad has said no to all their choices!)

Sarah is going to get the same bedding as Maddie,
just flip it to the white and black side.
They want to add "their" color to the room
through pillows on their beds...

Maddie's pick...




Sarah's pick for pillow's...


Maddie also want to have Zebra print added to the room.
We (ok, I did add my opinion here) thought maybe
changing the fabric to her vanity chair to zebra...



Sarah and Maddie spotted a zebra rug on clearance
at Lowe's for $13.00!
(Their rug is packed away, but this gives you and idea)
Curtains are still being debated on.
I offered to make them,
if they can agree on fabric.
Any suggestions? Because, you
know suggestions from you would be cool,
where as mom's suggestions are so uncool!

Now the decision of what furniture stays and what
goes? This is tough and believe it or not,
they have figured it out!

All of Maddie's furniture is going into
the room and she is going to let Sarah use her
cabinet with the mirror.
Sarah's small dresser will go in the room,
between their twin beds.


Lights...
The girls want lights on the wall beside their beds.
Maddie is my reader and this will let her read at
night, but not keep Sarah up.
(Sarah is my night light girl, so Maddie reading light will
give the perfect light for Sarah to drift off to sleep)


They would also like one of these...



Pulling this post together seems like it has been an easy
and happy process, but it had many trials along the way.
It's been fun watching them learn to work
together and having to give and take along the way.

Next on their list is accessories,
I'll be sure to keep you posted!

16 comments:

dee dee said...

Ohhh Wendy,
I can't wait to see it all put together! I love the decisions they have made together so far! The same bedding but reversed with accents of pink, black and green... love it!
Way to go girls!
Dee Dee

Debbie said...

FUN!!~ How about curtains with lime green in them to tie the green in too....hard to say I would do them last:) Can't wait to see.

Love the Decor! said...

This looks like such a fun fun project! Can't wait to see it all come together

Leigh Anne said...

How nice! I thought of Hobby Lobby right away for the girls to go shop. They have a whole isle for girls with all black & white & pink. Also some zebra print stuff. Awesome! Have fun decorating!

Southern Queen Bee said...

Gosh..looks like they are working great together on this. Thank goodness i have a boy and girl because it would be a mess at my house. That was a great deal on the zebra rug. Not to sure on any ideas for the curtains, but really can't wait to see what you come up with.

T's Daily Treasures said...

Definitely two entirely different decors and schemes but sounds like you all have a nice plan for the merging and redecorating. Best wishes, Tammy

Jen said...

You're so creative Wendy- and glad I'll be able to get some goood recipes from you! Thanks for posting my blog out there!

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

I'm sure it will be a fun a cozy room when it's all finished...Wall color: how about the wall against their headboards in a bright pink and the remaining walls white?

Corners of My Life said...

Isn't it a quiet joy to watch them negotiate, work together, and in the end become closer as sisters? Your new home is quite an adventure and I love reading about it.

Pamela said...

It will be soo pretty! Hey that HobLob Chandy pic are the shades from HobLob??? I need some of those.....

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

It must become a perfectly pretty place. Your color palette is adorable! Hope your weekend is great so far, Wendy xx

Robyn said...

I think this is going to be precious! I love the colors together and can't wait to see the final product!

Adam and Wendy said...

The room looks like it is going to look great! Can't wait to see pictures!! :)

I gave you an award on my blog today! (It was a super long blog, but it was a recap of a busy week hhaah!)

I love reading your blog and I wanted to give you a little shout-out!! :)

Have fun decorating!! :)

Kim said...

I shared a room with my big sister for years growing up and those are memories that I cherish to this day. Maddie and Sarah with love it!
xoxo,
Kim

Rene said...

That is going to be fun, fun, fun! I saw the new lamps and believe you are off to a great start. The pillows you showed will be a nice addition.

-Rene

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

How fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity