Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fringe Benefits.....

The girls and I are still dreaming, planning and working on their room. It seems to be the only room in the new home that we know how it will be decorated. Tonight we tackled a little project!

The project started with a white lamp shade and lamp from Target.



The girls like the light, but felt it needed a little pop. Off to Hobby Lobby with our 40% off coupon. (if you only knew how long I have longed to type that....Hobby Lobby is new to our area...yippee!) After spending what seemed like hours debating which trim would look best, a winner was chosen.


Glue gun go to work....




Another fringe benefit...the light gets to live in Maddie's room until the move.

If you remember, they choose the colors pink, black and green for their new room. I think they did good! They read your comments on their room and they love idea of a pink wall and pink or green curtains. Thank you! I knew they would listen to you!! My little decorators!

Linking to some fun parties....
Just a Girl Show and Share Day
Someday Crafts Whatever goes Wednesday
My Romantic Home Show and Tell

18 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh that room is going to be so cute with all those fun colors. Love the lamp revamp.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Good job on that lamp shade. I am sure they love it.

Aimee said...

Wow its cute :) I like it

Jen said...

I haven't been to Hobby Lobby yet but I heard it great. Lamp is very cute

LUCKY 7 DESIGN said...

Wendy, that came out great! And that room is gonna be a cool place to be. Cant wait to see it all. I wish I had a Hobby Lobby, we have an A.C. Moore and JoAnns...same thing probably and they do offer 40% coupons which is always fun.

dee dee said...

Wendy,
You've done such a great job helping the girls to really own and look forward to this new adventure! I can't wait to see the finished product! I just love the blinged up lamp shade! So perfect and wonderful!
Dee Dee

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

They made that lampshade the cutest thing ever! Way to go Maddie and Sarah!

Andrea said...

So cute! I love dressing up lamp shades! Hope you have a great day~ Andrea @ Life in Dawleywood
http://www.andreasattic-andrea.blogspot.com

Kim said...

hobby.lobby.in.your.area......???WHAT!!!! How did I not know this!! I am coming in Oct. for a visit and we are going out to lunch and then you are taking me there!!!! Oh, if you're not still unpacking.Ha!
xoxo,
Kim

Manuela@TPOH said...

The fringe make sit so super cute!


Manuela

Karen said...

Great job ladies! That is one good looking lamp... I cannot wait to see it in your new room. :)

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

How fun! I love the lamp itself, but the fringe does give it a little something. Gotta go back a few posts and catch up. I've missed the room decisions.

Atelier de Charo said...

Hi Wendy
Love this super cute proyect!!!!

Leslie @ goodbye, house! HELLO, HOME! said...

S
O

L
O
V
E
L
Y
!
!

The Cottage Mama said...

Oh my gosh, I just love those trims! You definitely took that lamp up a notch with that lovely detail. Visiting from Tatertots and Jello - have a great weekend!!

Lindsay

Alida L. said...

That is cute cute cute! I am in love with those trims!

Kristin Renee' Wynegar said...

Awww this looks so precious! Good idea!!! :)

Pamela said...

Those will be perfect for the girls room! I am sure they love them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity