Sunday, August 29, 2010

Cookie Review and a Song...

Thank you to everyone who shared in the cookie exchange. Too bad it wasn't in person, I would have loved to have gone home with some of those cookies!  Our favorite part about having a cookie exchange, you show up with one type of cookie, but leave with an assortment. Here is a review:

Bramasole shared Mini Chausson and
Ginger Spiced Almond Rugelach


Chai Tea Cookie


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


Oreo Balls


Toffee Coconut Bars

Thank you so much to these girls for joining in!
I was so nervous
to host a party and have no one join in.
Thank You! Thank You, for playing along!!
We (lil Tony and I)
are so excited to bake these cookies!

Sunday Song
Usually on Sunday I like to share a quote, but
today I wanted to join in with Natasha
and share a Sunday Song.

Taylor Swift is a favorite here, not only because
she has a beautiful voice, but because she grew up
close to home. Her lyrics are "safe" for the kids
to listen to and I love that she is romantic at heart. 

Her video for her song "Mine" was released this week
and it is a favorite for us all.




Hope your weekend was full of fun! Now we're off to get ready for the first day of school! Have a wonderful week!

16 comments:

Debbie said...

Yummo....wish I could bake and participate. I am checking out those oreo bars now:)

Alison said...

Ooooh....those all look yummy. My hubs particularly wants those Oreo Balls! Thanks for the yum Wendy!

Natasha said...

I love this song! I hadn't heard it before. My Maddy is going to love this too Wendy! Thanks so much for sharing it.

I am glad your party was a great success. How fabulous it will be to have so many recipes to choose from when Christmas arrives!

Best wishes and I hope that school is great this week.
Natasha.

LUCKY 7 DESIGN said...

Those all look soooooo good. Maybe next time I can participate with my oldest daughter. She is the aspiring pastry chef...we'll see what kind of cookie she can come up with. lol BTW....we like Taylor Swift too! Seems like such a sweet down home girl! Wishing you a wonderful week!

citymouse said...

Yummmm.... not what I need to be looking at at 7:00am! The Oreo Balls look really good!

Stopping by from SITS.

Jen said...

wendy- r the kids starting school here or in hershey since you'll be moving soon?

Marshmallow Circus said...

I'm going to have to hold you responsible for my extra workout today. lol I saw this and HAD to have a cookie for breakfast! lol

dee dee said...

Wendy,
Those cookies looks yummy! This fun party might not be best for my waistline, but I am going to have fun sampling many of these great recipes!
Dee Dee

Elaine said...

It's not nice to tease us with the yummy looking cookies. I was send to your blog by a friend and it was worth the visit ,so I signed on. Will be back to visit soon
Elaine

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

I love that song!

And those cookies, oh my! :-)

Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Anne

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

Oh my. I must stop reading this post.

RIGHT.

NOW.

Delicious!

Kelly

Jenn Erickson said...

Hi there! I found you while visiting "5 Minutes Just For Me" and linking up to her song list. My girls and I are big Taylor Swift fans, so I had to come by and am so glad I did. What a wonderful collection of recipes. I'm going to print out the Chai one in particular and look forward to trying it! Your newest follower, Jenn/Rook No. 17

Corners of My Life said...

I hope some of those delicious cookies find their way into your kiddos' lunch boxes. Good luck as they start the new school year.

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

I made my cookies for this Friday! I hope you are hosting again!

Hope school went well for your guys in the new schools!

Lauren said...

How about you make this yummy stuff for me, then I take the credit with my family? :) This all looks so good it might derail me from my diet! Aghhhh!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

The chai one sounds so great. Yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity