Friday, August 20, 2010

Chocolate Chololate Chip Cookies

Yesterday Lil Tony informed me that he felt he was old enough to make cookies by himself and I was not allowed in the kitchen. Really, was my first thought? Lil Tony is 10yrs old and this new desire for independence may have been sparked by the fact that his 8yr old sister Sarah and her friend made cookies by themselves the other day. How could a big brother let his younger sister be independent in the kitchen first? You know he makes his famous scrabble egg, strawberry pancakes and Jewish apple cake!
Okay. It's a deal. Off with my magazine to the deck for rest and relaxation, while the Lil chef goes to work!

You knew rest and relaxation would be short lived! He did come out to tell me that if I wanted to take pictures and blog about it, I would be allowed in the kitchen for that! I was instructed not to touch anything or help. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree you know (referring to his dad)!

Ingredients
2 1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 t. baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup softened butter
2 eggs
2 t vanilla
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts (optional)
1 cup mini marshmallows (optional and Lil Tony's secret)

Combine flour, cocoa and baking soda in a med size bowl and set aside. Combine Sugar, brown sugar, and soften butter in large mix bowl and mix until well blended. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until blended. Stir in Chocolate Chips, walnuts, and marshmallows. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.


Lil Tony:  Measuring his flour. 
Me: Gosh, I hope he doesn't drop it on the floor.


Lil Tony: Adding his secret ingredient (marshmallows)
Me: Goodness look at the pile of dry ingredients that didn't make it into the bowl.

Lil Tony: Thanks mom! I can now say I cooked all by myself!
Me: Yes, you can and these cookies are delicious :)

Linking to Foodie Friday!


12 comments:

Jen said...

Keep the recipes coming...I need all the help I can get! Tell Tony I'll pay him for some- they look delicious!! He can start his own business.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

How cute. He wants to be independent and show you he is a big boy. Those sure look good.

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

What a great memory! It looks like you may have a baker on your hands. The cookies look delicious and now I'm craving some chocolate :)

Adam and Wendy said...

What a talented son you have!!! The cookies look DELICIOUS!! :) :) :) It's so sweet of him to let you take pictures about it too! :)

Thanks for coming by my blog!! I can't wait to give the apron to my mom!! :)

T's Daily Treasures said...

How great! I bet they were good. My 11 year old wants to do such things, but I'm a little afraid of the outcome. He is like the Tasmanian Devil most days. :) Best wishes, Tammy

Allie and Pattie said...

Great job Tony!! And I won't be showing this to Timmy who'll want to follow suit..... You're a brave mama!
xoxo Pattie

dee dee said...

Wendy,
He's growing up so fast! You are such a wonderful mom to freely allow him these experiences!
Way to go Tony!
Dee Dee

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

What a cute post with a super cute jr. chef!

Atelier de Charo said...

Well done Lil Tony, love chocolate cookies!!!

Bringing Pretty Back said...

What a good boy!!! They look delicious!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Donna said...

Ok, now I am really having a chocolate craving! Looks like Tony is quite the baker :)

Karen said...

Great job, Tony! Those look delicious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity