Thursday, July 8, 2010

Strawberry and Brie Bruschetta

Brie, the queen of cheese as she is known.
I fell in love with this cheese at college and
in classic cuisine thats exactly what she is.
Paired with strawberries, some sugar and toasted almonds,
wow these are the bomb!!
A few ingredients that most would think don't traditionally go together
end up being a keeper in the recipe box.
Try 'em and let me know!
Ingredients:
French bread, cut 1/2 inch thick
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
12 slices (about 12 ounces) Brie cheese 
 4 to 5 cups sliced and stemmed strawberries
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sliced almonds, toasted


Heat oven to 375ºF.
Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter;
arrange, butter side up, on large baking sheet.
In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon;
sprinkle 1 teaspoon over each slice of bread.
Reserve remaining sugar mixture.
Toast bread in oven for 5 minutes.

Remove from oven. Top each with 1 slice cheese; return to oven.
Bake an additional 4 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine strawberries,
vanilla and remaining sugar mixture; toss lightly.
Spoon 1/3 cup strawberry mixture over each;
sprinkle with almonds.

{Recipe adapted from Calif. Strawberries}

Tony

***
Linking to Foodie Friday
and

19 comments:

Beth said...

Oh my, I love brie so much, and never thought of doing it like a bruschetta. Can't wait to give this one a try!

Susie from Bienvenue said...

One word....YUM!

Melodie said...

Oh oh oh! Delicious! What a wonderful idea! Brie. Strawberries. Baguette. On my grocery list now! I invite you to link up at my Vegetarian Foodie Fridays carnival too if you wish. I'd love to have you!
Melodie @ Breastfeeding Moms Unite!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

This sounds really great-thanks!

Jennifer said...

This sounds so delicious! I made a tomato bruschetta earlier this week, but strawberries and brie is so much better!

Corners of My Life said...

I love when ingredients that most would think don't traditionally go together turn out delicious. Thanks for the recipe.

Atticmag said...

The brie and strawberries is such a creative combination -- nice idea. Thanks for stopping by to see our tile. Jane F.

Olga said...

Oh my, it looks so delicious. I really want to try it.

shopannies said...

looks delicious

Adam and Wendy said...

These look delicious! I have to try them! :) I saw where you commented on Donna's blog at My Shabby Chateau...saw your name was Wendy too!! And saw that you love God, your husband, and cooking too! I had to come check out your blog! :) I'm a new follower!

Melodie said...

I just made this as an appetizer for dinner tonight (would have been a better dessert but I couldn't wait to try them). We were not disappointed! I did forget to add almonds onto my list but they were just as good without them. Thank you for this wonderful recipe and I hope you will consider linking up with me another time you have a vegetarian recipe to share! :)

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Hello Wendy~I have to say this looks like quite the taste treat. I'm a big fan of sweet or savory Bruschetta, but this is the best of both worlds combining the two together. This will definitely be on my menu this weekend. I'm thinking this may marry well with other fruits too.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

What devine combination, Wendy. Must and will try this today! Off to buy some brie... You made perfect pretty pictures of the deliciousness.
Hugs and more hugs for a wonderful warm weekend! xxx

Natasha said...

Because I am such a dedicated blogger and foodie I will do my best to force myself to try this treat. It will be hard but, heck, that's just the kind of gal I am.

Thanks for this great recipe! I seriously can't wait to try it!

Best wishes and happy weekend...(packing??),
Natasha.

Natasha said...

We were just visiting each other at the same time-how amazing is that Wendy! I just posted a comment to you then published a comment from you... unbelievable!

Natasha.
xo

Julie Harward said...

Hi Wendy...thanks for your visit! This looks so good to me...the perfect snack or meal..YUM! :D

Leslie @ goodbye, house! HELLO, HOME! said...

What Susie said: YUM!

Jacqueline said...

Like Paula Dean would say, "You bad girl!" These look so heavenly and decadent. I would definitely be the hit of the party with these fab treats. What a fun combination.

Love the Decor! said...

Drooling!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity