Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Land That Moved Us.....

Oh....how I wish I could share all the details of the stress that occurred this last week, but I should not. All I can tell you is thank goodness for good friends and the use of Deb's computer at 10:20 pm so we could sign and fax an addendum by 12 midnight....so we wouldn't lose the house.  That is a story for another day!

Now to less stressful stuff....please!  My mom brought over the current issue of Southern Living Magazine with a yellow sticky on it that said "The Land that Moved Us" attached to an article inside the magazine. The article she was referring to was "The house that moved them."  A wonderful story of a family that fell in love with a old abandon house and moved the house to land they owned. If you have a chance to read their story it is wonderful. They have 11 photo's online, but let me share 3 with you.....

I love the colors they used in the family room!


This is their kitchen and through the door leads you to this room...
(when I show you our photo's you'll see why these are so inspirational)

I love the built in's and the use of the bench...great storage ideas!
It is a fun article to read if you have the time!

So, shall we move on to "The land that moved us?" It was the land that caught our eye first and fell in love with. Luckily the current owners re-wired, up dated the plumbing, roof, and siding.
We do have a long to do list when we move in. Again, I'll share that later...once we figure out which project gets tackled first!

Well start outside...since it is our favorite part of the property...






Sorry, not good quality...from the Real Estate web site.



This is looking at the garage. We are zoned that we could have 2 horses,
2 cows or one of each. The kids think that means we should, we don't think so!
Maybe a pot belly pig would be fun?

Here is the house. Imagine if you will, black shutters, they are leaving the original wooden front door (which we want to restain and put back on), new columns on the front porch, a side porch and screen in porch under the addition, and new landscaping....just a small to do list!! LOL!

The only photo's I have of the inside are from the Real Estate agency.
We hope to add an island and the kitchen table will go in the den....
(something like the inspiration photo above)

The den sits between the family room and the kitchen.

This is one of the two full baths...

The last two photo's are of the Master Bedroom. I did finally decided on a color scheme and bedding.
Going to go with the set from JC Penney's...Greens, purples and a touch of red!
Of course I have other ideas for paint (yes Deb, I said paint) and wainscoting, but if I share that now I just might push Tony over the edge!



So there you have it! We are getting packed, selling furniture, planning and dreaming! Thank  you for stopping by and sharing in our excitement with us!!
6 Weeks and counting!!

17 comments:

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

Oh my goodness, I'm reading this seconds after you posted...such an honor to be first. I love it, Wendy, the property is gorgeous, as is the house. Love the tire swing! I have fond memories of one of those at my grandparents' house. The kitchen reminds me very much of the one in the photo from SL mag you included. Can't wait to see all you do to it. I think you may be moving just to have more fodder for your blog!

Alison said...

Looks lovely...especially the view. How many acres do you have and when is the move date?

Can't wait to see what you do with the interiors!

Corners of My Life said...

I love the wainscoting and that it is even on the ceiling. I hope you do add it to at least one of your rooms.

Allie and Pattie said...

Oh Wendy! It's just absolutely, positively, wonderfully PERFECT!! I am SO excited for you (and yes- I'm very jealous too!) It will be such a wonderful family home for you all and a perfect place for childhood memories. Can't wait to see what you do. I LOVE that adorable kitchen!
xoxo Pattie

Debbie said...

I am very very excited for you Wendy...the property is truly amazing! Your kids are going to be so lucky to grow up there and create awesome family memories. I truly am happy for you and can't wait for you to get in. Debbie

Leslie @ goodbye, house! HELLO, HOME! said...

OH MY! What a beautiful home and property!
I am SO HAPPY for you!!
I grinned and sighed with delight at the sight of the kitchen--the stuff magazine covers are made of!
It is wonderful to be able to put a table in the middle of the room, though!
Did you know that's a VERY English (as in the U.K.) Country thing to do?
I love all the light from the windows, too!
I am sure you will be very busy for awhile working on your TO DO list, but won't it be fun?!
Hugs and energy to you :)
~me
P.S. May you be blessed as you make your home!

Southern Queen Bee said...

Oh, anything dealing with a new home is stressful, that kinda stuff makes me a nervous wreck! I hope everything works out. I am excited to see the changes that you will be making, the kitchen is so cute. Keep us posted. Have a great week, Missy

Deb @ Confessions of an Ugly Mom said...

I KNEW you'd paint. :-)

I am very much looking forward to taking a drive over to your new place and peeking in through the windows and imagining all your great plans. And I know it won't take you long to make that house the home of your dreams.

Hugs to you, and congratulations.

dee dee said...

Wendy,
I'm so jumping up and down in excitement for you! I love, love, love your new place.... I'm just sorry that you have had some stressful moments to make all this happen. You have so much potential to work with. It will make your dream special to make making it yours!
Dee Dee

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

WEEEEE..... I'm so excited for you. The land is definitely GORGEOUS. I can see why you would love it. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks for the link to the article. I love the photos.

alissa said...

Congratulations Wendy! The land is absolutely gorgeous - it's easy to see why you guys fell in love with it. Looking forward to lots of future posts on all of your projects.

Pamela said...

Oh how busy you all will be but how VERY exciting at the same time! I can not wait to see what ya'll do with your new beautiful home! The land is just out of this world! My boys would love it! Oh, BTW, I ended up using the SW Suede Illusions Paint in the office and your friend is right. It super easy girl and cheap compared to their other finishes!!

Linda said...

How exciting (and stressful), Wendy! Such a charming house...and the view...amazing!!

LUCKY 7 DESIGN said...

So excited for you both, and the kids too! It looks like a wonderful house now...so I cant wait to see what you do with it. All of your ideas sound great. I love your water feature (lol). I hope my dream house on the lake is like yours. Blessings to you and may you be happiest in that home! - Melanie

pk @ Room Remix said...

Congratulations! I can see why the land "moved" you. So much space and soooo pretty and it will be so much fun (and work, I know) putting all of your ideas into place for your home. So happy for you.

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Congrats on the new house. It does have such a beautiful setting. I can see why you wanted it. And the house itself has great bones...you'll be able to do lots with it. It looks like the inside is in good shape and just needs you to fix it up decorating wise. I think it's fabulous and can't wait to see more about it.

Hannah said...

The property and house are lovely Wendy and your vision is amazing! I cannot wait to see it in person and follow along as you and Tony make it "yours". Thanks for taking us along with you....

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity