Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Question and Answers....

Sorry it has taken awhile to get back to you with answers. 
Thank you so much for all your emails and questions! 
It is so much fun chatting with you!

I grouped all the questions together
in one post! Hope that is okay!

Question Number #1 
What is the name of the store that sells the artifical tulips and can you buy them online?

They are from Homestead Furnishing in Mt Joy, Pa.
The are currently closed because they are moving to Maytown, Pa
and reopening in August (I think).
They currently do not have website, but if that changes I will let you know.

Question # 2
What paint and glaze did I use on the corner cabinet?

If it is a small project I use white craft paint that can be bought at Wallmart or Michaels.
If it is a larger project I use whatever white paint I have on hand. For the cabinet I used
Sherwin and Williams paint that was ment for our trim work...it is call Landmark White.
Landmark was the name of our builder.
Glaze: I love Valspar Translucent Color Glaze in Mocha. I keep thinking of
trying a new color, but just not ready to change yet!!
Some of you have down some awesome projects with other colors of the glaze.

Question # 3
Is that your house?

This was our first home. It was a small 850 square ft and I loved
every inch of this home. The second floor was not finished and the plan
would have been to finish it, but we decided to move back
to the town we grew up in. Closer to family.
Aww....I miss this house!

Question # 4
Who painted your pictures?

An aunt of a family friend painted both water colors for us.
This is our current home.
When I took this picture of the painting I had to laugh!
I don't leave anything the same way for too long!
Do you remember my post on having a facelift?

Here is what our house looks like now...
Red shutters and front door are now black!


If I missed any questions please let me know!
Hope you are having a sweet week!

16 comments:

kim said...

Wendy, you and I use the same glaze. I love it.

Debbie said...

Sweet of you Wendy to answer these questions...I did admire that painting so much...what a beautiful piece to have and cherish.

Leslie, the Home Maker said...

OH! Those tulips do look real!
Yes, I agree with Debbie--those water colors will always be treasures!
Thanks for showing the glaze you use, I haven't used Valspar yet--but will remember to try it!
I hope you get some time to yourself this summer!
Hugs!
~me

Allie and Pattie said...

How lucky are you to have those beautiful paintings to show where you've been and are! Love that glaze!
xoxo Pattie

Simply Cintia said...

i love q & a day!

S and O said...

I like your blog it's really pretty :D

Xoxo
Sarah

Kim said...

Hi Wendy!! How have you been my friend. I've been thinking about you alot lately. Hope you are doing well. I look all over for tulips that look real and those are amazing. Thanks for the tips!

xoxo,
Kim

Crystal said...

Wow those tulips do look real? I love that glaze also. How great to have not one but two watercolors of your houses. I know what you mean about leaving things the same for too long :)
Thanks for sharing.

dee dee said...

Wendy,
I was just thinking your the best!
Dee Dee

Donna said...

Hi Wendy
That's so funny that you have the same shelf! I bought my Ralph Lauren glaze at Home Depot, but I recently heard that they no longer carry it. Not sure, though! Sounds like the Valspar glaze works great! I really love Valspar paint, by the way. Have a great night!

Rene @ cottage and vine said...

You sweet girl. Love those paintings and know that they hold a special memory for you. I keep reading about this glaze. Must try it.

alissa said...

Thanks for sharing the tip on the glaze. I need to find a project to try it on. Love your watercolors - you are so lucky to have them!

Natasha said...

Hi Wendy,
Thank you for stopping by Northern Light and leaving me a comment, very much appreciated!!
I am looking forward to reading through your blog,
have a wonderful weekend.

Northern Light

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Your home is beautiful, Wendy! Have a lovely lovely weekend. xx

Manuela@TPOH said...

I love the watercolors of your homes! I've always wanted to have that done.

Have a great weekend!

Manuela

Bringing Pretty Back said...

What an adorable little home you had! And now you have a larger beautiful home! I would love those tulips in pink. Thanks for all of the info!
Kristin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity