Friday, June 4, 2010

Pink Milk Glass??

Friday...finally and it was even a short week!  Many of you know my grandmother Audrey and I have a booth at the Olde Factory. Once a month my mom and I get to spend the afternoon working at the booth. It is so much fun, because we get to take our time and look at each booth.  In April my mom and I both spotted this pink bowl. There was also a sugar bowl and creamer in pink. It reminds me of milk glass and has the same feel and look.



It is a very light pink color. The photo doesn't show the true color. A better discription would be a creamy pink color. We didn't buy it the day we were working. My mom surprised me with it for my birthday! It is one of my favorite pieces, because it is so different. I was hoping you might know any history about this pink color?  Have you seen other pieces like this?  Wouldn't it be fun if there are more piece and I could start a collection! The thrill of the hunt.....a treasure hunt!



Joining in My Romantic Home Show and Tell Friday!  We Love Fridays!!

16 comments:

Mary said...

Oooh, that's beautiful, Wendy! I picked up a piece of pink milk glass last year at a rummage sale. Here is a link to a picture of my piece if you want to see it:

http://dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com/2009/10/what-i-got-at-rummage-sale.html

I had never heard of it either. Your piece is lovely!

Allie and Pattie said...

Wendy, that is so pretty! I'm finding myself drawn to pink lately- it was always a favorite color when I was a child
xoxo Pattie

spindlecottage/ one of nannykim's blogs said...

That is neat! you should share it for Beverly's pink Saturday!

stephanie said...

Loving all your milk glass Wendy!! Let me know if you send any of it to the booth!! I need your help with a few projects, just looking at some things and finding a new life for them. You guys will have to come over for a swim day!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

Don't know much about it but what i do know is that I absolutely love it!!
So pretty and dainty!!

Debbie

dogsmom said...

I am not a pink gal, but that dish is lovely. Congratulations, Your mom did a great job on a surprise gift.
Let us know if you find others.

dee dee said...

Wow Wendy,
What a beautiful dish! I have never seen milk glass in this color, but will have to look for it next time I'm out! Beautiful!
Dee Dee

Kathy said...

Wendy, how gorgeous - and that your mother gave it to you! I love that you get to spend time with your mother and grandmother! All of mine have passed away - and I miss them greatly! It does my heart good to see/hear ladies enjoying their mothers!
I have a pink milk glass vase!
check out this cool website for great info:
http://www.myantiquemall.com/AQstories/milkglass/Milkglass.html

God Bless,
Kathy

Rene @ cottage and vine said...

I am in love.

Robyn said...

OHHHHH I just LOVE love love that! It's just gorgeous...I LOVE the color!

Corners of My Life said...

Your new dish looks perfect filled with red and white mints. What a thoughtful gift . . .

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

i collect milk glass compotes. i have a pink milk glass vase too. many of the big companies who made milk glass also made pink milk glass: fenton made a pink and white variety, westmoreland, fostoria in the 50s and 60s, and jeannette glass made a TON.
anyway, that's all i know about pink milk glass. :-)
i love your bowl/compote. beautiful!!

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...

Wow this is fabulous!! I would love for you to visit My blog. I am also hosting a Giveaway from CSN for $40 dollars !!

Anonymous said...

There is a dish just like yours on eBay right now, and they note it is Jeannette brand.

Becky K. said...

It is very pretty. Sounds like a very interesting place to spend time...I would have to do a lot of looking too.

Becky K.

Donna said...

Hi Wendy,
I have never seen pink milk glass, and yours is really pretty! I have several pieces of the white, now I will have to be on the look out for pink!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity