Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's a Raspberry Ice Tea Party...


The kids and I went to the farmers market today and had so much fun. It was so hot! I promised the kids when we got home we could make some raspberry ice tea and enjoy our whoppie pies!

Sun Tea:
Yesterday I used 3 tea bags and filled a container with water. Placed on the picnic table and let the sun go to work.


Raspberry Ice Tea
2 Tablespoons of Raspberry Syrup per 20 oz of tea (or lemonade)


Tea Party Time
Today we bought mint and fresh raspberries to put with our tea. The mint is actually for Tony, he is making something with strawberries and mint. I will keep my camera close by!! I didn't think he would mind if we used a little for our tea.


My grandmother grew mint in her garden and would make homemade mint sun tea. It was the best!
I think she added lots of sugar to her tea. It was so sweet....delicious! Using the syrup in  place of the sugar gives the same sweet taste, but without the calories...did you see the label said sugar free!


We did buy some homemade whoopie pie's today. Yum...oatmeal chocolate chip, chocolate with peanut butter and chocolate with raspberry cream!


They have been patiently waiting for me to stop taking pictures!  They couldn't wait any longer to enjoy the whoopie pie's and the raspberries!


I know you're loving the Selena Gomez tablecloth!
It was left out from swimming yesterday!
Oh well...keeping it real!
Now we're headed to the nursery to buy flowers for the deck!
Hope you're keeping cool!
Happy to be joining in Bobbypins Boardwalk Bragfest party!!

24 comments:

Kim said...

What time should I be over Wendy? Ha! Looks like so much fun. Ahh, and whoopie pies - a staple in your neck of the woods. I'm likin' the peanut butter ones. Have fun!
xoxo,
Kim

Sarah @ Mum In Bloom said...

Love the pictures Wendy. Yup, in real life our family always patiently waits while I'm taking pics of the food I prepared before we can eat it ;oP I adore the farmer's markets but I proceed with caution as I could spend a fortune there buying up all the treasures.

dee dee said...

What a great way to end a fabulous outing!
Please save me some tea and pies! I'm on my way!
I will have to check out the raspberry syrup (esp. the sugar free variety)! We love iced tea here, but I refrain often to avoid the extra calories!
Your tablecloth looks like mine!
Dee Dee

Corners of My Life said...

The photos of your raspberry tea could be in Country Living Magazine. They are perfect . . .

Simply Cintia said...

yum! love the photos! that's what summer is all about!

Beth said...

Yum! Where do you get the raspberry syrup?

Atelier de Charo said...

You have great time with the kids, beautiful photos! Raspberry ice tea looks so fresh and delicious.

Hugs
Charo

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

What a fun post that includes so many of my favorite things - farmers market, sun tea, Torani raspberry syrup, whoopie pies... Love everything! Thanks for sharing your wonderful tea party! It looks like Lily is enjoying it too :)

Suzanne said...

I'm not a tea drinker, but those pies look fabulous! It all looks so refreshing!

Prior said...

yummy, a perfect tea party! Not at all "Snooty" Lezlee

Karolina said...

I just came across your blog and I completely love it! You lead such a beautiful life..

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

I could drink one of these lovelies right now, Wendy! pure deliciousness!!
It's rather HOT here today. Sending some sunbeams and hugs your way for a lovely day. xx

Jan @ bobbypins boardwalk said...

Oh Wendy -- what a wonderful way to spoil yourself and your family. I sure wish I were there with you now!

Maria M. Boyer said...

Looks fun and good! But next time you need mint, stop on over. We have a TON of it!

Wendy said...

Beth,
I bought the syrup at Walmart, although they only had raspberry! I am on the look out for other fruit flavors. Tony has them in the restaurant but in huge bottles. If I find them, I will be sure to share :)
Wendy

Secret Garden Cottage said...

This tea party looks DElicious!! The presentation is beautiful! I love that your "keeping it real" (lol)!! Glad to know I'm not the only one in Blogland living the real life. :)
I'm so glad you stopped by yesterday. Thanks for your sweet comment about my redo of my '70s bath! It seems everybody could relate to having lived in one at some point or another.
Have a great week!
~ Jo :-)

Alecia said...

Will be sure to look for the syrup- it sounds so refreshing- and w/o the sugar- wow- love the pics of your fam enjoying their day and whoopie pies- I remember those.

alissa said...

The tea looks delicious Wendy! I am growing mint in a pot on my deck - perfect idea to add it to sun tea! Can't wait to see what Tony is whipping up with strawberries!

Leslie @ goodbye, house! HELLO, HOME! said...

I agree with Corners of My Life--the tea pictures are perfect! Lovely shots!
We have mint in places in our yard that we didn't even plant it!
I make whoopie pies!
(Not very often, they are fattening--so when I make a batch, the girls and I eat one (okay, two) and then send the rest to work with Mark--they are super easy! Ever made them?
Did you say strawberries?

Kim said...

This looks wonderful. I found you from BB, you have a darling blog.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Oh my... my mouth is totally watering for this.

Anna said...

Oh, I want to take a sip of that!
Gorgeous pictures you took.

Have a happy day

love Anna

Amanda@The Hand Me Down House said...

Oh, yum! This looks SO refreshing!

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such sweet comments!

Adam and Wendy said...

I just saw this on your sidebar and my mouth is watering. I've never made tea using the sun but I love the idea!! I want to try it one day!!! :) And I'm not a HUGE tea drinker (odd, I know...a Southern girl who doesn't drink much tea haha) but I love raspberry tea...and I've never thought to use the flavored syrup....the syrup I use in my coffee...

..and mint tea....there is an ABUNDANCE of mint in my PawPaw's garden that I've been wandering what I can do with it....there's my solution.

This post...although a few months old...has just absolutely made my night!!! :) :) :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity