Monday, June 21, 2010

Five must have's....

Today I am joining in on a fun party at Cottage and VineCottage and Vine is one of my favorite reads.  It is like picking up a great magazine. I hope you stop over and join us!

So, we are going away for the weekend and we can only take 5 cosmetic products along...what would they be?  I have to tell you I wouldn't call myself a big cosmetic product girl, but I had trouble only picking 5. My lip gloss didn't make the trip, but I figured I could pick that up once we got there!!

Here are my must have 5....




1. Mary Kay Time Wise 3-in-1 cleanser:
Love this stuff! It also comes in a bar form that I keep in the shower. It makes your skin feel so soft and never dries it out. Wouldn't leave home without it!

2. Neutrogena Age Shield + repair anti-aging sunblock:
This one I just added this week (which is why the lip gloss got bumped). I apply it every morning and through out the day. Doesn't feel greasy or make my skin burn, and hopefully it is giving me that deep cellular protection! (I am excited to see what you guys use in this area!)

3. Mary Kay Timewise age-fighting moisturizer
I can't say enough good things about Mary Kay products. It also helps that my friend LeighAnne sells it, so I just give a phone call and walk next door...better than running to Walmart!  It is great for all skin types and again your skins feels soft and smooth!

4. BareMinerals Foundation Powder (by Bare Escentuals)
This powder provides shine-free coverage, skin renewing properties and provides a smooth finish! Love Love Love this product!


5. Great Lash Mascara (by Maybelline)
For the price this little product does an awesome job!


So there you have it...my 5 must have products! As I was typing I was seeing a common theme...age fighting!! I guess it goes with the age! Can't wait to see what everyone else is packing!

17 comments:

Debbie said...

I just bought a tube of great lash....thought that stuff has been around for years, and I have never tried it. The Mary Kay time wise I think I have used many years ago.....I do like some of her make up. THanks Wendy for your personal tips....I joined the party too!!~

Love the Decor! said...

I love this linky party what fun!!(No time for me though since I have to get my room done :)
Timewise was my fav for years but now I am using olay regenerist cleanser and I love it love it!! Maybe later today I can link up to it Sorry I haven't popped in as much as I would like to. Hope your summer is going well!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wendy, I love Bare Escentuals, too. Been using about six years now. My face use to always break out and when I switched to that the break outs stopped.

Rene @ cottage and vine said...

I am a big fan of bare minerals too Wendy and you already know how I feel about great lash. As long as Mary Kay has been around would you believe that I have never tried it? Its history alone is very telling...maybe I should check into it.

Thanks so much for linking with me!

-Rene

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Great party! I swear by the mascara. You can't beat it for the price! I was using Bare Escentuals for a long time but got away from it as the "buffing" was irritating my face. I really like the look.

Andrea said...

I also love Mary Kay, I have been using it for years and can't stop. My fave is the micorderm set. Hope you have a great week! ~Andrea @ Life in Dawleywood

Angie said...

You know, I worked at a modeling agency and a lot of people don't know that most makeup artist use Great Lash Mascara for fashion shows and photo shoots, because it is one of the best mascaras in the world. it really is. and they swear by it!

Jude@ThisJewels4You said...

I'm a big fan of Mary Kay, my best friend sells it. I don't leave home without, skin cleanser and makeup. Jude

dee dee said...

My favorite Mary Kay product is the mascara remover! I've found a Trader Joe's moisturizer with SPF that is working well!
Although, most days you would find me without makeup!
Dee Dee

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

What a great selection! My life changed the day I started using bare minerals...so easy and light! I swear by it! I am not wearing make-up if I can't have it;)!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Ashley @ Life Is Beautiful said...

I went on vacation a couple weeks ago, and my friend was using Mary Kay cleansers. I was like "dude! I want that!" haha.. I need to buy some.

Sarah @ Mum In Bloom said...

Mine would have to be the same mascara, lipstick, lipgloss, any moisturizer and vaseline :)

I awarded you the Hard Working Mommy Award today!
http://muminbloom.blogspot.com/2010/06/hard-working-mommy-award.html

Natasha said...

You have chosen 5 very good products! I don't recall seeing Mary Kay products over here-I should look into it I think, especially since you speak so highly of their age fighting properties!

Best wishes for a great week,
Natasha.

Donna said...

Hi Wendy
I would be lost without my great lash! I have used it for years, and love it. I also have tubes of CO Bigelow's mint lip gloss (from Bath & Body Works), just about everywhere. I am addicted to the stuff! I also really like Mary Kay's cream to powder eyeshadow (can't think of the name of it!).

Corners of My Life said...

I am looking forward to trying the Great Lash Mascara. I only use L'Oreal but am looking to try something new . . .

Alecia said...

interesting- i have three of your five products in my bathroom- the mary kay, bare minerals and great lash- too funny!!

alissa said...

I'm looking for a new powder and think I might need to try the Bare Minerals. I'm not a big cosmetic girl either - and you are right, choosing only five products was really hard!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity