Saturday, May 29, 2010

Porch Sale...

Last month I shared with you the quaint cottage community where my brother lives. This weekend was their porch sale. We had so much fun walking and visiting porch to porch.
No vehicles allow (or fit)

Bicycles are allowed and little red wagons!

My mom and I walked the camp meeting side and then stayed with
my brother's porch while they walked around.
The "big" girls told us we didn't miss much on the other side of the community.
Although Maddie did get some pretty jewelry.
Here are my finds! I was so excited...

Across the street from my brother were these 2 folding metal chairs.
I told my mom, if they are still there at the end of the day I'll buy them.
While I sat on my brother's porch  I watched everyone look at them and decided
I couldn't take the chance...
Yep...they came home with us!

She didn't have a table to match. That is okay...I'll just add a table to my
thrifting / yard sale wish list!
Here is a closer look at the detail of the back of the chair!


Next stop we spotted 2 rugs for sale...$5.00 each!
There was a moment of silence between my mom and I...
who would get them?
Then my mom said, "I don't think it will work for the kitchen."
"Aww...are you sure?"
Sold!!
Perfect at my front door!
(I only bought one...I know I am kicking myself for not buying both!)

Found tap shoes for Miss Sarah...
$2.00 a pair!


Milk Glass....I thought my shelf could use some more pieces.
These had lids! Love it!
Kept the price tags on for you  to see.
75 cents and One Dollar!

I just love the look of milk glass!

The owner of this porch sale said that she has a spare bedroom full of boxes of china, crystal, milk glass that she needs to sell. I asked her if she'll be setting up next year...yep...this will be my first stop!

My last purchase was from my brother. This actually was from the first cottage and traveled with them to this cottage. I am thinking I'll paint it white and put fabric in doors and new hardware. I thought it would go to the booth, but now I am thinking it might stay. I'll keep you up to date on it's progress!


It was a fun day! We ran into old neighbors, childhood friends, and my brother's first grade teacher!
I guess I should be productive today....the wash is calling my name and the house needs a good cleaning!
Hope you are having a fun day!

There are so many great thrifting and yard sale parties...
I am linking to Debbiedoo's
and
stop over and see everyone's super finds!


***
Todays song actually goes with this post!

16 comments:

Debbie said...

I want those chairs! WOW what a find....cute shoes, and milk glass. Love that neck of your woods...so much fun Wendy!~ Thanks for linking up...little quiet this weekend in blog land. I am getting ready to go to a party. Have a great weekend, and thanks for linking up...hope you enjoy some of the others as well:)

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

A porch sale....what fun! I am afraid I would never find one of those out here. Houses way to far apart. I love the chairs you bought. I have one very similar that is in my front garden and I just love it. The squirrels like to sit in it. :)
Happy Memorial Day.

Linda said...

Oh that looked like fun. I love those chairs and he rug! Good finds! Best of all...milkglass with lids for those prices!! AWESOME!

Allie and Pattie said...

Wendy, check your email- you'll get a giggle! You really scored. LOVE the milk glass too!
xoxo Pattie

Sandy said...

Such great finds.. the rugs especially! How nice to live in a neighborhood with porches.. my community is a 'step'....lol
Thank you for coming to visit my blog today... sweet words for my 'white tables'.. you would laugh, or maybe not, my entire townhouse is getting the 'white' treatment and I'm falling in love with it!
I'll be back to see what you do with that hutch!
Sandy

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I'm glad that you didn't miss out on those awesome chairs...luv them! That china cabinet is going to look soooo good after you get your hands on her!

Blessings,
Linda

dee dee said...

Wow Wendy,
What a fun porch sale! You really did well on all your wonderful finds! Can't wait to see what you do with your corner cabinet!
Dee Dee

FLOWERSHOPGURL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FLOWERSHOPGURL said...

Hi Wendy, What wonderful finds, I love the chairs, so pretty. I especially love the milk glass, so beautiful! Thank you for visiting and leaving your kind comment on my Goodwill Compote and Cherry Basket found at GW. I can't believe what awesome things I have found over the last few weeks. I'm hooked on thrift shopping...Who knew?
Hugz,
Kim

Kathy said...

Wendy, simply gorgeous finds! Love the chairs, the milk glass - great find with lids!
looking forward to seeing what you do with the corner shelf unit.
Kathy

Charlotte said...

Great finds! Don't you love when the entire neighborhood participates? You can find so much in one little space!

Pamela said...

Loving all your finds Wendy! You are one awesome thrifter.

Jenny said...

Hi! Visiting from Debbies and I think I need to move into that neighborhood. Sounds totally charming. You got some incredible finds. Love your milk glass!

dogsmom said...

Your post is a good reminder that if something gets your attention and pulls at your heart, even if you don't know exactly what/where/how...get it when you can.

Leigh of Bloggeritaville said...

What a fun and fabulous sale! And you got some great things! Thanks for participating in Thrifty Thursday this week! Some great finds, my friend!
Hugs!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
wwwlbratina.blogspot.com

Shirley said...

Great sale items love the chairs and the rug!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity