Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Part II...The Gift to Dream

Thank you to everyone for all of your sweet comments about my birthday and our day trip through the beautiful farmland of Lancaster Co. I feel so lucky to have meet so many sweet blog friends!

Shall we pick up where we left off on Sunday?

On purpose we drove on only the back country roads! You just never know when you turn down a winding road what you might find! We were actually trying to find an old school house that was turned into a home when we came around the corner and saw this field of cattle....
Our first thought was are we in Texas.....
These don't look like Pa Dairy cows!

Tony actually slammed on the brakes and we of course stopped in the middle of the road to capture the perfect picture!  That was when I spotted this adorable barn and flowers...

Yes, we pulled in!  If you happen to be near Elizabethtown or Mount Joy this greenhouse is worth the trip. The owner was happy to allow us (Tony) to take lots of pictures and to share their little story and dream! They own the cows in the previous picture...Northern Scottish Longhair cattle. He shared with us that Union Mill Acres has a large pumpkin patch and they sell pumpkins in the fall and last year they had the dream to have a green house and sell flowers this year!  Their flowers and hanging baskets are beautiful! We bought more pansies and will be back for more!! He said you can find them on facebook! Great place! We wish them all the best with their dream!!


We are back in the car and back on track. Our next stop is to look at a farm house that is for sale in Maytown. (Mom, don't worry...we aren't moving to Maytown) On our way to Maytown we saw an Amish farmer working in his field!

This barn is one of my favorite pictures! How about the wash line that starts at the barn and goes to the home! Love it!!

We are still on our way to Maytown! When we arrive the town is preparing to celebrate their 250yr anniversary. We couldn't park like we wanted and didn't get to get a picture of the farm that was for sale, but I did make ask Tony to pull over to get pictures of this home. The pictures can speak for themselves....

Beautiful...

I just love double front doors! Ummm...Tony do you think we could make this work...just dreaming!


Shall we keep moving, especially since we are blocking the small road and a tractor trailor is behind us!
We decide to make a circle and head back home. Here are a few pictures on our way home....

Sheep in a front yard....



We toured this development a few years ago when they first started to build. Yes...it is new construction!

Now if I can dream and if this house was for sale....just might need to think about moving! Isn't is the cutest farm house.




Thank you for dreaming and traveling with us!  What is your dream? 

14 comments:

Allie and Pattie said...

Oh Wendy. Oh my. Just too perfect for words. I have a feeling my dream is surprisingly similar to yours. I'm saving this post
xoxo Pattie

Leslie, the Home Maker said...

How gorgeous!
The sheep in the front yard just made me smile- so precious!
What lovely homes, yes, and especially the white one in the 2nd to last picture!
My hubby's family is in PA.
Mom-in-love and 1 sister is in Williampsort and other sister is in York.
His grandparents lived in Lancaster until they died.
But I never got such wonderful pictures, as you and Tony did.
Did you stop at any of the Amish Markets?
What a wonderful trip you are having (had).
It is such a pretty time of year up there!
XOXOXO

TheSmithHotel said...

Wow! Great pictures! It makes me want to visit there too! Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Jody

Aimee said...

I love the picure tour we got of your drive/trip:) so many gorgeous places.

I am goimg to be honest and admit that I never knew there were types of cows with long hair-crazy...

Glad you had a wonderful trip.

Karen said...

Wendy your photos are beautiful! They remind me of something you would see on a professional calendar that someone took months to collect and put together. I am so happy that you and Tony had such a lovely day...

Amelia@MyTwoRedheads said...

These are great pictures, it sounds like you guys had a lovely day!
Our dream is to live in the country, have a "green" house and raise chickens and goats:)!!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Just found you, Wendy. Your gorgeous images make me daydream of vacation... Off to read some of your past posts to see what I've missed.

Have a happy day! xx

Beth@The Stories of A2Z said...

Just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your pics with us :).

Alecia said...

so enjoyed your pictures- my what a photogenic spot that creek would be for family pics. Loved your comment on hanging wash on the line- i get giddy thinking about sleeping on sun dried sheets- the absolute best

That barn picture is beautiful!! I like the way you spent your day- would enjoy that myself

dee dee said...

Wendy,
You don't know how excited I get as I read through each of your postings. I am always amazed at how much we actually have in common. It has been such a blessing for me to find you in blog land.
Your photos are stunning. The farms, the old homes, the cows (which I love as much as old architecture), laundry on the lines out side... Tony gave you by far the best gift this year!
Wishing I was there...
dee dee

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Hello Wendy~thank you for taking me on such an incredible tour, that I would have never been able to experience in my lifetime from my corner of the world, especially seeing the Amish farmer plowing his field. Wouldn't you love to see the interior of those charming farm houses and the grand estates? I dream of taking long country rides and through your beautiful photos and descriptions I feel as if I were in the car with you...of course with Montgomery Gentry singing My Town.

Happy Birthday!! It looked like it was off to a great start with that delicious breakfast and decadent Red Velvet cupcakes. You know everything is calorie free on your B-Day...that's my story and I'm sticking by it, lol.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Simply gorgeous and what great pictures...so glad that I stopped by tonight.......Stop by and check out my Mother's Day Giveaway.
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com

Natasha said...

What a fabulous trip and such great memories for everyone. I can't wait to hear where these dreams take you...

Best wishes always,
Natasha.

Anna said...

Hi Wendy,
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.
I'm very proud that I finally started blogging.
I started a webshop recently but I was missing something.. My mom (who is a friend of Saskia's (join my joy)) planted the idea of making a blog.
I enjoy it very much and find it inspiring to visit other blogs from people all over the world!

enjoy blogging,
Anna

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity