Thursday, May 27, 2010

I think they'll stay for awhile....


Do you remember awhile back I bought these shutters at my very favorite antique store....


and turned them into this....
(you can read about that here)


I have been trying to decide what to put on top of the shelf. It has been a decorating dilemma. I am not sure why I have been having a mind block with this shelf. Does this happen to you?
Maybe I was giving it too much thought?

Well.....I was at the thrift store and bought some milk glass for the booth.
 For fun I put the milk glass on top of the shelf and was thinking
that I should take the shelf to the booth, since it wasn't working in our bedroom.
(So I thought)
I was not intending for the milk glass to stay here either...
it is to go to the booth, too...
right....

In total all milk glass pieces together cost $5.50.
Looking at this photo makes me think a long print would look good above the milk glass. Maybe of roses?
Any thoughts??

The tulips are from another favorite store. She actually started her shop in her livingroom of her farm house and has grown to filling an entire barn! Yes, the tulips are fake. They make me smile every time I look at them. To be honest....they cost a little bit more than the milk glass. Okay maybe a lot more.
I thought they were worth it...tulips have always been my favorite flower.

Tonight I removed the price tags and I think they are staying...
at least for now they are!

I hope you join me at
and

14 comments:

Rene @ cottage and vine said...

$5.50 for all that milk glass? Shut the door! Your shutter shelf looks great and I'm with you on something long above it.

Enjoy your weekend!
Rene

kim said...

That is a lot of milk glass for such a lot of pieces. At the flea markets I would get one for that price. Love the shuttered shelf.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Love all that awesome milk glass and that shutter shelf is way too "COOL"...I would keep the milk glass on it, but maybe add some large empty frames on it.

Blessings,
Linda

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Love the look of the white milk glass on the blue shelf. So pretty! I think a long picture would like nice above the shelf, or maybe a group of three in a row. I'm sure whatever you decide will look great :)

Allie and Pattie said...

Wendy! WHERE do you shop! Oh my gosh, the prices here are insane compared to that! It looks wonderful and I LOVE the tulips. Does she sell online?
A long print would be perfect or perhaps even one of those old, long, buffet mirrors- you know the long, narrow ones with 3 panes in them? I have one in my office.
Just fabulous!
xoxo Pattie

Wendy said...

The thrift shop usually prices the milk glass between 50 cents to one dollar! You can even get it pretty cheap in the antique mall...prices are one - two dollars for vases!
Pattie; I will look up if she is online and let you know!
Wendy

Kathy said...

This shelf is magnificent! The milkglass looks serene on top! Just love it!
Kathy

Pamela said...

I remember those but I do not remember that you turned them into shelves! It looks beautiful! I always have a hard time accessorizing shelves too.

Karen said...

I love it! I lOvE it! I LOVE IT!
And I am not sure how much the tulips cost, but I am sure that they were worth every penny. They are beautiful!

dee dee said...

Wendy,
I do believe you found the perfect thing for atop your shelf! Great find on the milk glass pieces! And I agree with Karen above, the tulips are worth every penny (or dollar) you spent!
Dee Dee

Katy Noelle said...

Your milk glass collection is wonderful! (We have a vaaaaary similar background, except, mine is blue and white.) You have a lovely blog!

trish said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE your shelf and the milk glass on top.
Have a great weekend.
Sincerely ~ Tricia

Donna said...

Hi Wendy,
Your shutter turned shelf is the coolest idea! Love it! Thanks so much for stopping by. I am your newest follower, and look forward to checking gout your great blog!

Rita May said...

I like your shutter shelf and it's pretty color. I pinned it for future reference.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity