Sunday, May 23, 2010

Face Lift....

Today I sat down to find a before picture of the front of the house. I went through hundreds of photo's and couldn't find the one photo I was looking for. I did discover that I have a new project that needs to be tackled....organize my pictures that are saved on the computer. What a mess!!
So....after my search I found a picture that showed as much of the front of the house as possible.
I think you'll get the idea of what it looked like.
(that is Maddie's good friend jumping the bike ramp)
We bought our home 11 years ago as a spec. home. We did not have the option to choose the siding or shutters. We did enjoy the red for awhile, but I was ready for a change. I love the look of tan siding and black shutters. You can't see the front door in the before picture, but it was also red.

***
First I painted the front and side door black. Then Tony removed all of the shutters and we painted the shutters black.  Next on the "to do list" was outside lights and we were able to change them last week.
I can't believe the difference a little paint and new lights make.


***
These are the old lights.

 New Lights...



Front Door

Garage
Last summer we added the rocking chairs to the front. I do miss not having a front porch.
We seem to use the front yard more than the back, it is where the neighborhood kids hang out.
Of course it is where the bike ramp goes, too! Hid that for the picture.

Side Door
This is looking into the backyard. Tony and I bought the little girl when we moved into our first home 17 yrs ago. She has traveled with us on each move. She is a favorite.


I love this time of year when the miniture iris's are blooming around her.
Isn't she so sweet!


It is raining here today in Pa. giving all the flowers a quick drink of water.
Hopefully the sun will be out tomorrow!!
Wishing you a great week...don't know where the weekend went!

Hope you join me at
The DIY Show off
and
Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
and
Between naps on the porch for Metamorphosis Monday


33 comments:

Kim said...

What a gorgeous home you have Wendy! For some reason I thought you had an old house, so I was really surprised to see these pictures. Your colors are so pretty and I love the black changes, so much more sophisticated! The lamps are really elegant too. You have a real touch with landscaping as well. I love your little girl statue!
xoxo,
Kim

Wendy said...

Ohhh Kim....that is the dream...to live in an older home! I think I might write about that dream more than I write about our home..lol!

bj said...

What a lovely home you have. I am partial to black shutters..and I, too, love them with tan.
I like your new lights..and your rockers are really pretty.
A great "next" project would be to build a porch all the way across the front of your pretty home. Boy howdy.....that would look sooo good and you would really enjoy it, I'm sure..porch swings, rocking chairs, dining table, ferns hanging all across the front. I can just see it in my mind's eyes now.
Now, don't tell TONY which blogger suggested this...he may come hunt me down!! :))

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

OMG Wendy, what a gorgeous house! The lanterns are so lovely. And the colors you used are very pretty. Looks like to perfect cozy home!
Have a happy start of the new week. xoxo

Debbie said...

What fantastic curb appeal Wendy...you really have made your house a home:) Looks beautiful.

Aimee said...

Very gorgeous house :) I really like the black shutters and those lights.

Weekends do go by way too fast... Sadly :(

dee dee said...

I just love the changes! The new color (black) is the perfect choice for your siding! I just love the new lights as well! Excellent taste!
Dee Dee

Suzanne said...

That made a big difference! I'm a fan of black shutters~it's what we have. You have a very pretty yard, too.

Andrea said...

This looks so great! I also love the tan/black look. Yall did a great job. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! ~Andrea

Allie and Pattie said...

Love it- just perfect and classic. And I see a porch in your future ;)
xoxo Pattie

Atelier de Charo said...

Hola Wendy tu casa es realmente preciosa! The new lights are gorgeous! Good for you.

Hugs
Charo

Natasha said...

You and Tony really have done an amazing job on these renovations, Wendy. The lights are just perfect as is your choice of colour. No wonder you are thrilled with the beautiful results!

Best wishes for a fabulous week,
Natasha.

raggygirlvintage said...

it was already beautiful but love the updated look, very classy!
Tracey

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love the change, Wendy! I love tan siding and black shutters, too. My hubby just redid the front vinyl on our house {it was a faux brick with white shutters} to a tan; I love it! We won't be doing shutters though because we found a lot of bees nests in them. So we are going shutterless! I will be painting our front door black though and I can't wait to do that.

Astrid said...

Hmmm....My house has similar colors to your before photos and I'm really liking those black shutters. They have a more timeless appeal. Are your shutters vinyl? How did you paint them? I might have to beg and plead to have mine taken down to paint them too!

32˙North said...

Your new lanterns go so well - what fun to spruce things up!

Amanda

Pamela said...

Wendy your home is beautiful outside as well!! Love the change!

A Garden of Threads said...

A great makeover, the front is so nice with black door and shutters and the little girl in the side garden is sooo cute.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

What a fabulous DIY transformation~well done!

I hope you have stopped by to enter my giveaway.

Wendy said...

I love your metamorphosis! I think our house had the exact same exterior lights yours had before you took them down, funny!

Have a beautiful Wendifur day!

Another Wendy

LDH said...

Hi Wendy,

The black shutters and new lights look terrific! Very nice with the colors of your home.

Rory from Tools Are For Women Too! said...

Nice project. I would love it if you would link this up in Modern Craftswoman Monday. Very well done. Rory

Uncovered Ruby said...

Hi,
I'm checking out all the Mosaic Monday blogs from The Little Red House and I must say, I LOVE your blog! Not just your stories, but the way it looks and everything...very, very nice. Your home is beautiful, and I'm a fan of black shutters too :-)
Your newest follower...
Lisa

Amanda L. said...

Great updates!

amariaf2000 said...

Love your house ~ and the black shudders/door! It's amazing what the color of paint will do!

~angela @ peonypatch
www.mccalled.com/peonypatch

jwiess3 said...

Wendy! I have a saltbox home just like you and we just completed repainting our shutters also. We went from a cranberry to an almost-black dark hunter green. The new outdoor lights are this weekend's upcoming project! Your house looks wonderful!

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

The changes you made were wonderful. Valerie

jerriann said...

Hi Wendy, I am so glad you came by my blog and left me a comment. You have a sweet little blog here and I am looking forward to following you and your family's adventures.

You guys made the perfect decision on the color change on you house. It looks great with the black shutters and door and it make the white accents pop more. I really like and give you a thumbs up on it.

Simply Cintia said...

simply beautiful! great job!

Katie said...

looks great!

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

I love the changes you guys have made! It really looks more togther and sophisticated with the black. Love the new light fixtures too. Your house looks great!

Corners of My Life said...

The colors are so calming.

ButterYum said...

Fabulous transformation - HUGE! I have black shutters, roof, and front door and I love them!

:)
ButterYum

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity