Sunday, May 9, 2010

Cottage Living

We hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. I had one of the best Mother's Day's today with my kids and my parents. We had a picnic lunch and went on a hike. I love you mom, thanks for a fun day!

I have been sitting on these pictures for over a week and I am so excited to share them with you today! Last weekend we helped my brother move into an adorable cottage. It is a great community and one that we enjoyed as children. I am so very happy for him!

Today I am going to take you through the streets of this cute community. Every cottage has a name that was given to the cottage that dates back to the 1800's.
The cottages are in the woods, but feels like you are at the beach.
I am going to show you some of my favorites, but I only walked down 2 of the streets.  I was suppose to be helping them move...not have my head in dream land! Which you know by now is very very hard for me!

After going through my pictures I realized I took a lot of pictures of double front doors. If I could dream for a moment, which you know I love to do! I would dream for a wrap around front porch and double doors. I love the wooden screen doors, too.

Don't you love the pepsi box holding the water cans in the top left picture!
How about a larger picture...I just love the blue doors, too!

Couldn't you just see yourself sitting on this porch drinking some sun tea?

This cottage is beautiful.





A car doesn't fit down or up the streets. This makes for an interesting moving experience.
That is Maddie, Sarah and my niece riding their bikes through the streets.


This cottage is for sale...nope...couldn't talk Tony into it!
Can't blame a girl for trying!


Miss Sarah riding her bike down the street. No need to worry about cars, just have to watch out for walkers!
I love this porch with the large columns! Can you picture sitting here at night with the hanging lights on!



Have you noticed the colors used on the porches? Purples, lavendars, and blues!

Here is the gang taking a rest on the cottage steps!
Our kids and my niece!

A great place to enjoy the lazy days of summer!


Hope you enjoyed walking the streets with me and dreaming of cottage living, wrap around porches, and double front doors!

Happy join the Little Red House for Mosaic Monday!

31 comments:

Maria M. Boyer said...

I think I might know where that is. Is that porch up for rent? Would make a lovely spot for a mid-summer bloggers' tea party. I could make the Victorian sponge cake??

Happy Mother's Day, Wendy!!

Deb @ Confessions of an Ugly Mom said...

Might not be "your" porch, but you now have a great excuse and open invitation to sit on it a bunch.

Happy Mother's Day!

Dishesdone said...

What a great place! So charming! Fun mosaic! The kids are adorable! Love the cottages!

T's Daily Treasures said...

Oh my! That is my dream! Can I come live there too? Thanks for sharing! Blessings to you and yours in the week ahead. :) Tammy

luna said...

Great place!
With the "old-time-flair".
Happy MM...Luna

Naturegirl said...

Lovve cottage style homes!The large porches are the key..great images of cottages!

A Garden of Threads said...

The cottage style homes are neat, the large front porch is the perfect to place to sit and relax after a hard day. Thanks for the tour.

32˙North said...

Looks like such a wonderful place to live, like stepping back in time.

Amanda

Susie from Bienvenue said...

I am in love!!!! Where is this place? I need to pack my bags cause it's callin' my name. I have plenty of books and lemonaid ready. Your brother is one blessed boy! xoxox Susie

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Wow. What an interesting living environment. Really cute cottages. Valerie

Sandy said...

Very nice!

Welcome to SITS! It's great to have you in the SITStahood!

Abbey @ Practically Perfect said...

Lovely! Also, thought you might be interested I finished An Old Fashioned Girl and LOVED it. I think it would be great for a mom and daughter to read together.

Allie and Pattie said...

Oh Wendy-what a charming place!! That's a place for childhood dreaming...
xoxo Pattie

Sharon said...

What a great place to grow up. Heck what a great place to grow up when you already have grown up. May I ask where this marvelous plce is?

dee dee said...

That's it... I'm moving! What a perfect community... LOVE IT!
Dee Dee

Wendy said...

I must say, your blog is gorgeous! I love your layout! AND..... I'm a Wendy, too!

Just stopping in from MM. How I wish my house had a beautiful wrap around porch like these cottages.

Have a beautiful day!

Susie said...

Those are gorgeous places!!

Howdy from the SITs Welcome Wagon:-) I hope you enjoy the party!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Those are incredible! Beautiful porches!

Sandra said...

Wonderful little cottages to spend the summer in...it looks so slow, peaceful and quiet! Everything you want to make the summer last forever.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Wendy, This is a wonderful little cottage! I just love the community and the feel of a bygone era where life was a little slower and kinder.
You must love visiting!!!
I am blessed to have a wrap around porch. This makes me want to decorate it even more1
Yvonne

Paula said...

Hello Wendy! Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE your blog header, it is FABULOUS! ~ I so enjoyed the wonder through the cottages ... thank you for sharing them with all of us! I wish I had a wrap around porch ... they are the epitome of cottage living!!

Have a fabulous rest of the week!

Debbie said...

Wendy that was off the hook charming, I would love to be strolling through the streets and see all these cute houses and shops. Your family is adorable. Thanks for signing up for the giveaway, I really wanted to do something nice, as it is wasteful for me to have things and not use them, and all you awesome gals will appreciate them more so than me.

Kim said...

That sort of reminds me of Pitman Grove here in Jersey. What an adorable little community. Happy for your brother!
xoxo,
Kim

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

What a great place! Everybody seems to take a lot of pride on their homes...how neat!

Sherry said...

Wonderful cottages. What a great place to visit for summer.

Corners of My Life said...

I am so very curious where this lovely cottage village is??

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

I love your blog and am now following you! That whole community looks so appealing. I love the pictures!

Stopping by from SITS! Welcome!

Cheers :-)
- CoconutPalmDesigns

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Lovely lovely pictures Wendy, I want to enter each and every door!!

Hugs for a wonderful new week. xxooxx

Anna said...

The porch with all the beautiful lights is my absolute favourite!
Thanks for sharing these lovely pictures.
And thank you for leaving a comment on my blog.
I will keep you posted on what's in the presents.

have a nice week
Anna

Katie said...

I {heart} wrap-around porches! I always tell my husband that our next house will have one. And maybe a lake view? ;)

Oh, and I left an award for you on my blog!

John & Joy Z said...

This adorable place is MOUNT GRETNA, PA

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity