Saturday, April 24, 2010

We might be expecting....

This post has nothing to do with food or decorating, but does have to do with a lesson in love and/or life. I thought you might enjoy and wanted to share! You might even have some insight for me or some great words of wisdom, because some times being a parents puts you in surprising situations!

We are babysittiing sweet Herbie this weekend for my friend Beth ...


We have sweet little Ginger.....


When Herbie arrived on Friday he was a little shy and hid in his hut for most of the afternoon and early evening.....Then the two started to "talk" to each other. They were each in their own cage, although Sarah couldn't understand why we couldn't get them out or put them together. Sarah explained that at the pet store they are all together. Good arguement, but my judgement told me,"Don't think that would be the best idea"

Well us mom's have weak moments....why is this?
So in my weak moment I said okay lets just open the cage doors and see how it goes?

Sarah is such a good mommy to her Ginger! So here is our Ginger making her move.
Sweet Herbie ran to his hut and hid. 
 Sarah.... "Oh please mom...why can't we get them out and let them play?"
Me.... "Okay lets give it a try"
What could go wrong?


Mom...."Baby sitting is a big responsibility and we wouldn't want anything to happen to sweet Herbie"
Sarah..."We should take them to my room so Lily isn't around"
Great Idea!


Here they are saying hi! This time Ginger sniffed Herbie's little nose and ran the other direction...
Sarah..."Mom why is Herbie chasing Ginger and Ginger keeps running away?"


Sarah.."Mom why is Herbie on top of Ginger?"
Sorry no pictures at this moment, because I think I threw my camera down on the floor...
Me...(screaming) "NOOOOOOO"
Me...."Oh my gosh Sarah hurry get Ginger...NOOOOOOO"
Sarah..."Mom what is Herbie doing"
Now I have the whole family in the room. Sarah and Lil Tony are trying to figure out what just happened....
I am just trying to seperate the two love pigs...
Ginger is back in her cage....


So sweet little Herbie is going back to Beth tomorrow a little wiser. Sorry Beth...I hope you let us babysit again. Ginger is grounded to her cage until tomorrow night. Need to have a talk with the kids.
I will let you know if we have babies. 
Would love to hear your advice or stories??

17 comments:

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

OMG, Wendy!!! This post cracks me up!

Natasha said...

Uh Oh....

Glad you censored it Wendy!

Keep us posted!

Best wishes for a beautiful week,
Natasha.

Allie and Pattie said...

ROFLOL!!!!! Hi Grandma!
xoxo Pattie

Sarah @ Mum In Bloom said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! You should've warned your friends it might be a "PG13 Rated Playdate".. ;o) Your post was sooo funny!

Maria M. Boyer said...

I'm speechless, this is so funny!!

Jude@ThisJewels4You said...

Thanks for the laugh. I needed that. Yes, please keep us posted. Jude

Jess said...

I am laughing so hard right now-This is an awesome story. PLEASE let us know how it all goes. :)

Wendy said...

Girls according to a google search; we will maybe know in three weeks if Ginger is going to be a mommy. Although her due date wouldn't be until July 4th! Herbie went back to his home today and everyone is missing him, especially Ginger! I will keep you posted!

Karen said...

Is this why Hannah asked for a guinae pig yesterday? :) Too funny!

Beth said...

Hi Wendy...blogger isn't letting me comment on your post! I'm trying again! Herbie is home sadder (for sure) but wiser (oh, yeah!) We will have to have Ginger over soon...before she becomes too unwieldy...
Btw, aren't you on FB anymore? I tried to comment to you there when I couldn't here.
Thanks again for ENTERTAINING Herbie! Beth

dee dee said...

Oh I'm so laughing!
Dee Dee

Wendy said...

Dee Dee, Maybe you would like one?
Karen, Hannah can have one for free (or two)
Actually Miss Sarah is going to be very very upset if Ginger is not having babies! She wrote down today who she would allow to "adopt" her babies. This is serious business!
Wendy

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

This might be the happiest post ever! HILARIOUS!

Kelly

Katie said...

Oh my goodness!! Guess this is why mom never let us have more than one pet at a time? Good luck!!

Wendy said...

Katie...your mom is a very smart mom!!

Leigh Anne said...

I'm a little late............................ "responding" Ha Ha but I wish I could have been there! What excitement you have at your house!

Wendy said...

Leigh Anne, Sarah has Zach on the list of parents she would be willing to adopt one of her babies to! This is important stuff you know and can not be taken lightly! Zach should feel honored! Now you know the let down is going to be hard if there are no babies....sigh....we might need to get another pet...did I just say that?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity