Monday, April 26, 2010

Treasure Hunting....

Yesterday I shared our road side pick up from Easter and a little peek at a yard sale finds from Saturday. I am so excited today to participate in Coastal Charm's Nifty Thrifty Tuesday and share the rest of our treasures!


The girls got up early with me and we were out the door by 6:30 am. We stopped first a McDonalds for some hot coffee and hash browns and then we were on our way! A nice neighborhood development was having a yard sale so that was first on our list. The girls were a little disappointed because there were mostly baby items. No worry we found some more yard sales in town and found a few items. It wasn't our best day, but still a fun day.
We decided that you don't always find your treasures on your first day of your treasure hunt! Maybe their treasures are waiting to be found next week! Plus I let them keep their $5.00, so all is well!



I bought this vase and glass frog from a sweet gentleman. He told me all about it's history and his wife liked to put daisy's in it. I love daisy's. He said the pattern is called the Star of David.  Now, I know he so could have just used his best sales pitch on me, but I believed him .  Sold to the girl with her 2 daughters on a cold Saturday! I just love the glass frog! First time I saw a frog in glass. Have you seen this before?

This metal holder was 50 cents! I had the glass votives at home!

Added the votives, some water and white roses....


This was our favorite find....
4 prints for $1.00
Maddie is my artist and she loved them as much as I did


The best part is when you turn the print over it gives all the details about each artist...


This is my favorite...
The Plains of Heaven painted by John Martin


We framed them and Maddie hung the Mona Lisa in her room.
I just love that she loves and has an appreciation for art.


The other 3 pictures are hanging in the Front Room....


We also got that cute white milk glass dish for $2.00 and the cookbook for 50 cents!

We'll try again this Saturday for another treasure hunt and see what we find!
Thanks for joining us today!


Don't forget to visit Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday!


17 comments:

Susie from Bienvenue said...

Awesome finds!!! I'm loving that glass frog...you got a keeper there my friend!

Debbie said...

Awesome Wendy, those prints look great on the wall, and the little tins very darling with the roses...you done good!

jackie fo said...

I LOVE that metal votive holder... I like to think of new ways to display flowers, and those look great!

Allie and Pattie said...

Love the prints, but the frog is my favorite!! I just adore those! Looks like a fun day!
xoxo Pattie

Sandra said...

The metal holder with white roses is so gorgeous! Some yard sales are a bust aren't they!

Natasha said...

I think you have done very well indeed! The prints look great and I think Maddie chose well putting that Mona Lisa print in her room!

What a great weekend you had!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Meet Virginia said...

Oh so fun!! Love all the stuff that you found!!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

I love your vase/frog. I haven't seen that shape before, but I have a low round bowl with the frog on top. It's fun to fill it with very small daisies from the yard-enjoy!

dee dee said...

Wendy,
What excellent treasures! I love the glass frog, I don't recall ever seeing anything like this before, but I'll have to keep my eye out for one in my area! I love to yard sale shop. I think you scored big on the art prints.
Dee Dee

TheSmithHotel said...

Great finds! Love that little metal holder! Super cute with flowers in it!

Thanks for sharing,
Jody

Katie said...

Wendy,

What great finds you found!! I love those little metal votive holders, they look so awesome with the little white roses!

Katie

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Luv the metal holder and that flower frog...awesome treasures! Happy NTT!

Blessings,
Linda

kim said...

You sure found some great stuff. Love the roses in the little metal holder. Great flower frog. I have been seeing those alot.

Amelia@MyTwoRedheads said...

What great finds, it sounds like you guys had a fun day!
I love your blog, its so charming!
Nice to meet you:)

Sherrie said...

There are good days and then there are bad days at lawnsaling. But it is always worth the hunt. Thanks for sharing.

Dragonfly Treasure said...

Love the frog and your other goodies!
Happy NTT!
*hugs*deb

Alecia said...

great find on the frog- stores here sell them around 20 - i cannot bring myself to pay that- good find indeed!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity