Sunday, April 25, 2010

Road side pick up....

On Easter Sunday we were driving from my parents to Tony's Dad's house and we (I) saw a FREE dresser on the side of the road. All I said to Tony was "Did you see that?" and he was turning the car around! Now I have to tell you there were 2 dressers but we could only fit one in the Blazer.

There was white paint spilled paint all over the top and down the front of the dresser.
This is what she looked like after Tony sanded the paint off.
She is starting to look a little better.
She is the perfect size. Not too big....Not too small....just right!
Using the same technique I used on the mirror and picture frames....
I painted it white, sanded the edges and applied glaze!
The hardward didn't fit the existing holes. No problemI  I just filled in the holes with wood filler and drilled new holes.  If you look real close you'll see my lack of patience won out again. I still need to paint over the holes!!

She now lives in our family room and will provide wonderful storage for all those board games and stuff!
We just can't seem to escape stuff!

Today was a chilly rainy day so Maddie and I had fun trying to figure out how to accessorize!
The tin flower holder was a yardsale find this weekend for a mere 50 cents. I just added some small votives and white roses! We didn't do wonderful this Saturday, but we did get a few other things that I'll share with you later this week. One became a small project for me and Maddie. 

Before I say good bye I wanted to share a song and singer that I discovered today through Sandy at
Reluctant Entertainer. I love every song I listened to today, but this one touched my heart. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. The singer is Mela Kamin.



I hope you can join as at the following fun parties....
5 Minutes Just for Me for Sunday Song
Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
and
Southern Hospitality for Thrifty Treasures

Thank you to these sweet girls for hosting great parties and Thank you to you for stopping by today!

31 comments:

Deb @ Confessions of an Ugly Mom said...

She turned out so pretty! Love her. I will find mine, too, someday...

Hugs.

Karen said...

Love the dresser! I could tell it was cute in your garage, but much better in the family room!

Natasha said...

What a great find! You and Maddie make a great decorating team.

Thanks for sharing this beautiful song too...So glad I heard it!

Best wishes for a fabulous week, Wendy,
Natasha.

Mary said...

I love those side of the road finds and your dresser came out darling!

dee dee said...

What a fun dresser! Turned out wonderfully!
I just love free plus some elbow grease!
Thanks for sharing your great yard sale finds and song. You are a gem!
Dee Dee

Niece said...

Love, love those kind of finds! She turned out so wonderful....great job! Who says decorating has to cost an arm and a leg!

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

You have trained your husband well, if he immediately turned around to pick up a roadside find--well done!

Carmen said...

Love this! It looks GREAT! I keep hoping to find a deal like this on a dresser...free or really cheap! :)

Bobbi said...

Very lovely mosaic!

Rene @ cottage and vine said...

What a find! Free stuff that is cute...it doesn't get any better.

Leslie, the Home Maker said...

How pretty, Wendy!
I love me a great makeover!
I can't believe that you didn't make someone get out and walk, so you'd have room for the other dresser! ;)
I read on someone else's blog that a side of the road find is called a "Curby". Or that the side of the road where you get the find is called the "Curby".
Have you heard that before?
That flower holder is so cute!
And 50 cents?
Woohoo!
I am so glad the beans turned out for you!!
Thank you for letting me know- it was an easy peasy side dish, wasn't it?

Robin's Nesting Place said...

That was a great road side treasure! Can't get any better than free!

Homemade Quilts by Granny said...

Just amazing what some people will throw out...what other can do with it.... and see it become a treasure.Lovely mosaic and song.Trish

Allie and Pattie said...

That is so pretty! Just perfect! I've been wanting Ray to make us some built-ins for the kids' games, but not in the budget right now. Great job
xoxo Pattie

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

love what you did with you find, isn't it fun to take what another throws away and make it new again?

Lana G! said...

That dresser looks great! So do all the accessories!

Lana said...

What a wonderful find and re-do! The dresser looks fantastic!!!! And I love that little metal flower holder, too; it's adorable!!!

Hugs, Lana

Snap said...

Oh, goodness .. what a great find! Looks great!

kim said...

I love how you took that curbside throwout and turned it into a great storage piece. Great displays on top.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

WEndy, I never find free stuff like that! Lucky you, it looks beautiful now.

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage said...

I love it!!! Fantastic curb find!!

32˙North said...

You did a totally pro job on the dresser - good to see a piece salvaged to give many more years of use!

Amanda

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Wendi, don't you love these kind of finds???? I love them even more after a great transformation like yours, congratulations!!!!!

Alecia said...

love your curbside castoff- looks fab- have one i need to tackle- but we are experiencing a cold spell and predicted rainfall keep me from starting!!! hope mine looks as good as yours does.

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Looks great!

Agoura Antique Mart said...

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for visiting my site - I'm glad you like the giveaway - isn't it yummy. You can purchase the cakestand & pie through our store.

xo,
Maria

Agoura Antique Mart said...

Hi again Wendy,

Just wanted to thank you for being such a faithful follower. We will be updating photos of all the new arrivals on a weekly basis, so make sure to stop by.

Thanks again, Maria

Katie said...

Oh how I absolutely love the makeover on that dresser! The hardware goes perfectly with that color of white! Great Job!

The Kindle is actually my husbands and I borrowed it while I was in the hospital and yes I do like it very much, although I really like to the feeling of having the actual book in my hand!
Don't know much about the IPAD, but I don't believe it has the same screen as the kindle, which looks exactly like a book page, not a computer screen. Hope that helps a little ;)

Katie said...

WOW, what a great find!! And for FREE! It turned out beautifully -- I'm starting to get an itch to paint some furniture ... :)

Michelle said...

Wow! What a great find!You brought the piece of furniture to new life and it looks beautiful. Congratulations and thank you for sharing with us all. Greetings from Vancouver Island. Michelle

Pamela said...

You have such luck Wendy! Love the redo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity