Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Painting Complete...

I am so excited to share the pictures of the dining room with you!

You have heard me say many times how much I love our local paint store. Again they did not steer me wrong! With removing the wall paper there were some areas that had minor imperfections (from my lack of patience). I thought a flat paint would be out of the question, but then they told me about Aura by Benjamin Moore. The selling point was a customer was buying the same paint and raved about it. Sold....one gallon of Aura by Benjamin Moore in Wedgewood gray

What makes this paint different?
Richer texture...high hiding and never needs more than two coats
Dries faster & can recoat in one hour
(which means I can legally paint faster and hang my pictures faster)
Goes on smoothly and touches up easily
Durable finish (washable)
Yes...flat paint that can be washed!
I think they designed this paint just for me! Did they hear me complain when I painted the kitchen?
3 kids and one dog means I need to be able to wash the walls, because you just never know what one could find on the wall. He showed me pen written on a sample wall and washed it off!  So off I go with my new paint!!



You do need to work quickly with this paint and if the paint has started to set you can't go back over it until it is dry. There was some learning curve, but once I got the idea...I loved it!

Shall we take a tour?


I haven't hung many pictures back up and took the burgandy shades off the chandelier.
Going to go shopping in the house first and then to some thrift stores...


I bought this tray many years ago with my mom. It has lived in many rooms, but just never felt perfect.
I think it finally found its home!

The molding was in place when we bought our home. It was one of my favorites details about the house!

One of the reasons I loved this color was because it works so well with the cherry furniture. The fruit picture has to stay. It was a gift from Tony when we bought this house. I will have to take a picture of the back and let you tell me what the writing means. It was from Spain.

The side hutch was my grandmothers. When my grandmother passed away my grandfather offered it to Tony and I for our first home. It was unfinished when we got it. We had someone stain it, because I didn't want to mess it up. It is one of my favorite pieces of furniture. I love the detail! I still have the key that locks the doors!

The cake was for my parents Birthday dinner...Mom's B-day was April 12 and Dad's was April 13th and their Anniversary is April 19th....Did I tell you I turn 40 this month...can't believe it!

The chairs...I just removed the plaid fabric. The orginal cream fabric works great and the best part it is free!


Now the fun part begins...accessorizing!
Shall we go shopping?

20 comments:

Lou Cinda said...

Oh my gosh it is beautiful!!! I LOVE the color!! And the platter has definitely found it's home! Perfect!!

What a transformation! LOVE IT!

Lou Cinda :)

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Everything is coming together so nice! That paint sounds awesome. I'll have to check it out.

Aimee said...

I live the color and the deep cherry wood furniture. I cant wait to see some more accessories go up as it already looks fantastic.

Yay for great paint thats washable!!

I gave you an award on my blog btw. http://thanksforthatinfo.blogspot.com/2010/04/quick-post-another-award.html

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Wendy, your dining room is beautiful. I love the colors together and yes I think this color goes perfect with cherry wood. The platter is perfect..my heart skipped a beat when I saw it, meaning I want it...lol...
I know you will enjoy serving your family dinners in this beautiful special room.
Molly

Jessi said...

That is such a gorgeous color! It goes so nicely with the dark wood of the furniture.

Jude@ThisJewels4You said...

I love how the dining room turned out. I love Benjamin Moore paint. It's the only paint I use. Great job. Jude

Jess said...

This is my new favorite color of paint. It is so perfect!

dee dee said...

Wendy,
My, My this turned out so well! I love the paint color with the trim and dining set! Just beautiful. The tray will be excellent on the wall, it has the great blue color in it! I've not heard of this paint, but will have to keep it in mind for future paint project! If you post a copy of the back of the painting, I have a friend who speaks Spanish and might be able to translate it if needed!
Dee Dee

alissa said...

Wendy - Your dining room looks great! I love, love, love that paint color. And how special that you have your Grandmother's hutch. I hope you have a great birthday!
Alissa

Katie said...

What a Beautiful color of blue, it suits the white so well! My dining room is blue too, but darker, love blue!
Great job!

Alison said...

Looks so fresh and pretty! Great job...and have a ball accessorizing.

Alison

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Hello Wendy~ watching the different stages of this transformation reminded me of my remodeling efforts, especially the photos of removing the wallpaper.
The paint color you chose was the perfect compliment to the richness of the Cherry. My ongoing wishlist is...to have my kitchen cabinets in Cherry wood, I'm still waiting for it to be granted, (sigh).
I've always had a fondness for Chippendale chairs too. The new chair fabric ties in with the walls, rounding everything out beautifully.

Your side hutch from your Grandmother is lovely.
Isn't it nice to add family furniture with all it's history into your home.
Sweet wishes,
Sara

Beth said...

Dear Ginger,
I love your new dining room wall color! I can't believe your mom is almost 40. She is lookin' GOOD! Anyhoo, I can't wait for our playdate this weekend. Maybe we can wrangle a little you and me time...you know what I'm talkin' about??? Anyway, dad's gonna drop me off sometime tomorrow, but he'll call first to make sure your dad's around. Can't wait!
Love, Herbie

Wendy said...

Dear Herbie,
Can't wait to meet you!
Love, Ginger

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

What a beautiful sideboard from your grandparents - love the unique details of it. Also love that new paint color on the walls. Linda

Debbie said...

Wendy You should have felt my excitement looking at your dining room. First of all, I have used that paint, awesome, but tricky, awesome, but expensive...so worth it though the walls look gorgeous that blue. It really looks great with your furniture! You go girl! Glad I inspired you with my spray paint, It is cheaper at Walmart I think:)

Sherry said...

Love your paint color. I have never used this paint but I will have to try. I love all your cherry dining room furniture and the tray. Very Nice.

Meet Virginia said...

WOW! It turned out great!! The blue really makes the molding pop, way to go!!!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!

Alecia said...

happy birthday to you, wendy- love your tray

Katie said...

Love the color!! And I am a HUGE Aura fan. I did just try the home depot paint with primer and may have to use that now. It was just as good and $20 cheaper. But if money was no object I would do Aura the whole way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity