Thursday, April 15, 2010

Dining Room Part II...

I wanted to share with you the progress on the dining room. All the wallpaper is off the walls. The walls look so nice a creamy white color and I thought maybe I shouldn't paint. That was only a temporary thought. At the paint store I was going cross eyed and giving myself a headache looking at all the colors. Thank you for all of your help on colors! Then I found the best color & paint brochure by Pottery Barn & Benjamin Moore.



After studying this brochure and reading about "simple steps for selecting color" and "determining room functionality" I was able to narrow down my selection of colors. The brochure also explains how warm/cool colors work together. Then I saw this picture of a blue / gray wall with a dark vanity....(see picture in the bottom right corner)

The color is Benjamin Moore wedgewood gray....


If you remember our dining room furniture is cherry....


Found my color! Benjamin Moore Wedgewood Gray! When you walk in our front door the dining room in to the left and the livingroom / office is to your right.

I am excited to share my dad ordered and received the wood for our built in bookshelf for the living room. I am going to paint the wall that the built in shelves will be on Wedgewood Gray and my dad is going to leave the back of the shelves open. This is a picture of the wall to be painted to match the dining room.


(I have 2 chairs and a round coffee table for in front of the shelves...that is another project)

The plan is to go to the paint store tomorrow and start painting this weekend!  I'll keep you posted!

8 comments:

Allie and Pattie said...

It's going to be beautiful Wendy! I've used that color for clients before- it's lovely with dark wood
xoxo Pattie

dee dee said...

I'm so excited for you!
Can't wait to see it all done!
Great color choices!
Dee Dee

Jolyn said...

How very exciting, I can't wait to see it all, and the paint color will look really nice. Have fun.
Hugs,
Jolyn

Katie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that color!! It's also featured in the Potterybarn catalog, and I've been drooling over it for awhile now. Can't wait to see how it turns out for you!! Post TONS of pics, please! :)

Natasha said...

That is such a great colour and it is exactly the sort of colour I thought you would choose! I cannot wait to see some more pictures!

Hope that you all have a wonderful weekend and that you enjoy the Spring time weather. It has rained all day today and it is getting colder by the minute. I hope we actually get a Winter this year!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

PS I wish I could reach the screen and help myself to one of those cheesecakes! YUM!

Abbey @ Practically Perfect said...

It's going to look great!

Michelle said...

Pretty color. I love Benjamin Moore/Pottery Barn colors. It's going to look great in there. We have the same dining room furniture! :)

Brandye said...

We recently did our bedroom in Wedgewood Gray (with a 1/2 mix on the ceiling) and I fall in love all over again every time I walk in there! I LOVE that color!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity