Thursday, March 11, 2010

Traditional Focaccia Bread

I Love to Bake Bread!!
It would be a dream to own my
own bakery one day!
A little neighborhood corner store that makes
good crusty bread.
A place to pull up a chair and have a cup of
coffee, read the morning paper before heading off
to start your day.


Focaccia al formaggio
What you need:
1 1/2 cups Warm Water
1 Tbsp. Active Dry Yeast
1 tsp. Salt
1 Tsp. Sugar
4 Cups Bread Flour
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil

1 Cup Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
1 Cup Grated Parmesan
3/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Scallions, sliced 1/8 inch thick slices
2 Tbsp. Rosemary, chopped
1 Tbsp. Coarse Sea Salt

Put the warm water in a large warmed bowl, add the yeast, stir to dissolve. Let stand three minutes, or until foamy.


Add the salt, sugar and stir. Add the flour and oil, mix first with a spoon then using your hands, until the dough comes together into a ball that no longer sticks to your hands.

Transfer the dough to a work surface and knead, occasionally dusting with flour, until you have a smooth, firm ball, about ten minutes.




Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a clean kitchen cloth.
Place in a warm place for about
1 1/2 hrs. Until double in size.



Cover with a cloth lightly, go do something for two hours!


Look nice don't they!
 Punch the dough down, & divide into two equal pieces.
Shape into a ball, return to bowl and let set 30 min.
Pre-Heat oven to 450f, lightly oil two half sheet pans (11X17).

Place each piece of dough on oiled pan, spread out to fit pan, press your finger tips into the dough.
Sprinkle with both cheeses, drizzle with oil and then sprinkle with rosemary and scallions and salt.


Bake 450 for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown on top and bottom.
Serve Warm.

This one went to the neighbors, still warm!



Linking to another great

17 comments:

Haden News said...

Wendy, your Focaccia looks yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Tony, that looks amazing!!! I wish I lived next door to you guys so I could have fresh bread delivered :) Focaccia is my favorite so I may need to try this sometime. Yum!!

Allie and Pattie said...

I'm betting your neighbors love you guys! LOVE focaccia!
xoxo Pattie

Mary said...

I wish I was your neighbor...love focaccia! Thanks for sharing, will have to try :-)

From the Kitchen said...

Depending on how close you are to Chicago, I could be there for a piece (or two) of that focaccia soonest! Nice to find your blog. I'll be back.

Best,
Bonnie

stephanie said...

Tony, I've always wanted to open a dessert/pastry shop maybe we should talk???!!!

Joycee said...

This looks amazing, can't wait to try it! I'm loving all your recipes...glad I found you!
joycee at grannymountain

dee dee said...

Tony, I wonder how long it take to get from Cincinnati to your home? Will the bread still be hot when I arrive? Yummy! If you do open that bakery, I'm moving!... Dee Dee

the country cook said...

That looks delicious!!!

Love the Decor! said...

I would be your best customer!!
I love to make bread too.. I grew up on home made foccacia although my mom is full Italian it was my norwegian dad who did all of the Italian cooking( he loved spending hours with my great grandma learning from her. I wish now that he would have written things down

Crystal said...

Oh my I wish I was your neighbor. Tony this bread looks so scrumptious, I will definitely have to give this recipe a try.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Susie from Bienvenue said...

I love bread and yours looks devine! I think I would rather eat a good hot piece of bread than cake any day!

Karen said...

I am feeling so lucky right now! And we do love you guys.... Thanks so much for the bread, it was fantastic.

lostpastremembered said...

That is one gorgeous focaccia! You did a beautiful job... love your blog!

Feeling Fit With Dana said...

There is nothing better than homemade bread and the way your house smells! Thanks for sharing! Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Shannon E. Kennedy said...

I just found your blog...its beautiful! and you're making me hungry :) really, my stomach is growling and I typically never eat breakfast!

MrsJenB said...

I love to bake bread, too! And your focaccia has me drooling. Honestly, my husband asked me what happened because my mouth was hanging open! haha

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity