Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Seeing Green....

Okay...I still love blue...
but Maddie is in love with green...
I do love this green, too!
See spied this little vanity about a month ago
on one of our trips to the Olde Factory.

Every trip to The Little Booth we need to stop by the vanity.
We look at it, dream about it and leave....
except for today...
Mom had a weak moment....
do you have mom weak moments?
Today this sweet little vanity came home with us...

Tony and Lil Tony had fun getting the cart ready for departure...
I wasn't fast enough with the camera to catch a picture
of Lil Tony riding the cart like a surf board....
We just love the Olde Factory...
Sarah is in the background going through the books!
She usually picks a few for 50cents each!


Here we are loaded for the car ride home!
My kids have gotten so use to us loading our treasures in the car!
They are just happy that there are no spiders or bees on this treasure!



Maddie is all moved in!
She loves all the drawers...
as does mom...
makeup, pencils, markers, ect...
hidden out of site!
Woo Hoo!!


Happily linking to...

for
Thrifty Thursday

for
Show and Tell Friday


Wanted to give you a peek at the shutter progress...


After washing them off (bees and bugs)
I applied 2 coats of polyurethane....
I am hoping that helps to stop the paint from chipping...
you know on our heads while we sleep...
Any suggestions?



 

19 comments:

dee dee said...

Wendy,
Excellent vanity! I bet your daughter loves it! I have weak moments too! I think that is a fun part of being a mom! Love Little Tony's face in the car... priceless!
Dee Dee

Elizabeth said...

Wonderful vanity - what a lucky find!

Enchanted Rose Studio said...

Maddie's vanity is wonderful, Wendy! She looks so happy! I know your heart is smiling huge! It is a beautiful piece she'll enjoy for years to come!

Reminds me of the time when I got my daughter her vanity. She's 30 now and my heart is still smiling.

Cheers!
Tina

Allie and Pattie said...

Wendy, I absolutely LOVE the vanity! And the marble! Be still my heart! Maddie is one lucky young lady. Can't wait to see what you do with those shutters
xoxo Pattie

Karen said...

I love, love, love Madeline's vanity! I remember seeing a vanity as a little girl and ALWAYS wanting one for my brushes. Oh I am sure I would have been better at make-up and hair, if only I had gotten a vanity! :) Congrats to Madeline on that great find and in such a super cool shade of green. I can't wait to see it in person.

Mum in Bloom said...

That vanity is gorgeous and I have mommy weakness all the time ;o) She looks so happy and I love the picture of them in the backseat. Great job!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

I love the Vanity, my DH grandmother owned one just like this but her baby girl (DH's Aunt)got it for her Granddaughter.
Molly

Crystal said...

I would have definitely had a weak moment with this vanity. My daughter needs one just like this one for "stuff". My kids have had many of those loading moments in the backseat. I think it makes all the more special and memorable :)

Have a wonderful day.

Nancherrow said...

Oh that vanity is so sweet. I'm sure your daughter will love it for years to come.

Alison

Frugal Home Designs said...

That is beautiful. I love the picture of your kids in the car--so funny.

nannykim/spindlecottage said...

So pretty AND it is nice to have a family that likes to participate in these outings!

Leigh of Bloggeritaville said...

Oh! So glad you got it, its gorgeous! Love the green!

Natasha said...

Wendy it looks like Maddie has got a gorgeous piece of furniture there! What a lucky young lady! I really love the shade of green too.

Guess what Wendy, you won one of the prizes from my little give-away! If you could email a postal address to me I will send it out you as soon as I can.

Congratulations and thank you so much for your friendship and kindness.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

What a great find!! I think every girl needs a vanity in her room :)

A Cottage Muse said...

Lucky girl!!

AshTreeCottage said...

Maddie looks so happy! You are a great Mom for making her dream come true!

Marianne@Songbird said...

That dresser is lovely. I am not keen on green, but seeing this one might change my mind. Those shutters look very nice!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a wonderful vanity for your daughter! Lots of drawers for a little lady!

Lou Cinda said...

LOVE the vanity!! I know Maddy will love it for years and will always remember the day you got it for her! I have memories like that of my mom...and the picture in the car? Priceless!!

LOVE the shutters!

Lou Cinda :)

I am following! Thank you for your sweet comment on my kitchen redo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity