Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Seeing Blue.....

I am loving the color blue, which is quite funny.
Years ago I was loving the color red.
Still love the color red
and it matches blue,
but lately I am more drawn to blue....
Do you change your colors or is it just me being me??

(set of 6 blue eggs $2.50)
Then I read Debbie at Love the Decor's post on colors and the meaning behind colors.
This is when I realized that blue means cool....relaxing...
Let me tell you that is just what the doctor ordered!!
My college class finishes in 1 week and then its
blue skies!
Hopefully :)

Last weekend we (Tony & I) did our weekly trip to the Olde Factory
and I brought home a little blue....


I also got 5 of these....
now I know you are asking yourself what do I need
five shutters for...
because we have perfectly pretty
new blackshutter on the outside
of our house...

(5 shutters $10.00...bugs free)
I am planning to make a headboard out of them!
Tony isn't believing in me right now,
that is okay...he always comes around!

I love the color and the happy that the paint is chipping..



Now of course before I could start the headboard
we need to rinse of some dirt and dead bees...
Lil' Tony was the "man" for the job!
(the girls don't like bugs)



My poor children...they have had to deal with mom's
trash picks that contain...
bees...spiders...dirt...over the years!

I will keep you posted on my progress!

Do you remember my grandmothers stack of benches?
Decided to start my own collection!

(blue bench $10.00)
I think it is okay to feel a little blue!
How about you?

On Thursday I hope you join me at these
fun parties...

for
Thrifty Thursday

for
Trash Picking Thursday


16 comments:

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Love all the blue!! I needed to see that since the sky is dark and gray today with lots of rain. At least it will make everything even more green in a few weeks! Great finds, by the way! Can't wait to see the headboard :)

One Cheap B*tch said...

Can't wait to see how your headboard turns out! I love blue. I was never a big fan of pink but it seems I'm more and more drawn to it these days. Kind of like taste buds (they change every 7 years, useless trivia!) and I guess so do our overall tastes.

Allie and Pattie said...

Wendy, I LOVE those blue eggs- such a beautiful shade. My family has dealt with my trash picking for years- they're used to it by now! LOL
xoxo Pattie

Love the Decor! said...

Those eggs are so cute!!
I appreciate the mention, what a nice thing to do!!
I am a blue gal and even had it when it wasn't fashionable
Have a great evening!! Thank you again for the shout out!!

Michelle said...

I'm loving the blue, too! I'm eager to see how the headboard turns out. I can totally see it with those shutters...I think it'll look great (minus the dead bees, of course...lol).

Thanks for your encouraging notes, and for offering to feature my blog on Sunday. What an honor! I enjoyed your last feature, you did a terrific job...I can hardly believe you want to do mine. ---You made my day! :)

Aimee said...

I change my favorite colors a lot and when i start liking one color i really like it. Yet I dont realize until way after the infatuation is in full throttle. Right now its hot pink.

I really like your decorations and ideas. Cant wait to see the progress on the headboard

Red Velvet Confections said...

I can't say that I have a favorite color but today, I'm with you on the blue. It's such a soothing and comforting color. I'm also curious to see how your headboard turns out.

Visiting from SITS!

Enchanted Rose Studio said...

What fabulous finds, Wendy! Adore those shutters and the benches! The eggs nest is darling! Your headboard is going to be wonderful!

Cheers!
Tina

dee dee said...

Wendy, my "it" colors seem to flux the same as yours! I always love black and brown, but the primaries seem to change with the wind! Lately I have gravitated towards burnt orange (think fall leaves). I can't wait to see your headboard! The shutters are perfect! I love the photo of your little guys spraying the shutters while dressed in shorts, with the snow still on the ground! Great finds with the benches too. Are you and Tony enjoying your new kitchen appliances?
Dee Dee

dee dee said...

I just read thru your comments and it looks like we will both be highlighting Michelle's blog this week! How cool! I had sent a request at the end of last week, and was thrilled to get an OK! I've always wanted to try and flip a house, so I am so enjoying seeing her wonderful job with this process!
Dee Dee

Beth said...

Hi Wendy, I'll be waiting to see the headboard, although I am seriously doubting you ever sleep, so why bother??? :-)

Elizabeth said...

Can't wait to see your headboard! Egg nest is cute too!

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Love the blue shutters. I'm sure they will make a great headboard!

Debbie

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

Great post!!! Cute!! I am your newest follower!
Bonnie
http://creatingahouseofgrace.blogspot.com

Leigh of Bloggeritaville said...

Wendy,

I LOVE these! I also have some shutters same color, which is my fav color by the way. It reminds me of the sea! That is so adorable! Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday and sharing this week! I hope you will come back to visit me soon. If you haven't already, be sure to enter the giveaway.

Have a wonderful weekend.
HUGS!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Rene said...

I love love love your choice of blue! All of your projects are nice. Those shutters are fab!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity