Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Saying Hello....


Appliances...the truck is here...
I am at work and Tony is
Chef in charge of the appliance set up...


Wait...the delivery man is checking our receipt...
Tony has just told him they installed the wrong stove!
(Tony was trying to get a picture for us,
but the guys were looking at him strange....
he went on to tell them he was taking pictures for us, the blog!)
Wasn't that so nice of him to be thinking of you and me...
can you just imagine what the delivery guy was thinking!!

Apparently...they packed the truck backwards...
so after unloading all the appliances onto our driveway,
our appliances were found in the back.


Okay....now they have the right appliances...


Are you thinking the same thing as I am?
Why do you need a saw-all to install a refrigerator and stove, Tony?

Well.....apperently there is a minor (major) problem..
it doesn't fit...
Here it is between the kitchen and the family room!
This was Tony's first call to me...
telling me we'll have to take it back, it doesn't fit.


Here is where the refrigerator is really to be...

The problem:
the board to the left has no give...
by all measurements it should fit..

Scarey tool is back...
and another phone call...


Now I must remind you I married a Chef....

Chef + saw-all = nervous wife
(you should be nervous, too)

So when the next phone call came and Tony said,
"I think we figured it out...we are going to cut the
wood and we think it will fit"

Tony said this is when the appliance guys decided to leave....
(glad I didn't know that earlier)

Tony + sawsaw = worked!!!
Refrigerator in...

Do you remember our inspiration for the kitchen...


When we thought we were moving to the farm house,
we would need to buy new appliances..
Tony has been waiting patiently for these new appliances...

The big question...
Gas or Electric

Tony had always wanted gas, but our kids love to cook...
(lil' tony can cook a delicious scramble egg)

Tony opted against gas,
He was too afraid of the risk of fire with gas and kids.
He didn't want the open flame.

A must on his wish list was a convection oven..

Stove


The bottom drawer is a warmer
and Tony wanted three racks inside for baking.

Flat top...
I couldn't believe how fast the burners heat up..


So...after a little stress...happieness did fit!!
Tony did good!!

Have you had any minor detours on your way to happiness?


15 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

haha.... Good for hubby to take photos of the truck. I totally did the same thing> it's in the scrapbook now (pre-blog). The deliver guys were good sports about it.

Deb @ Confessions of an Ugly Mom said...

Oh wow. Wow.

Good job, Tony. But since when does he bake??

Nancherrow said...

What a stressful day for you both! I actually felt a little nervous just reading about it. But happily it all fit and looks pretty.

Alison
stuffandnonsense-nancherrow.blogspot.com

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

LOL...that wouldn't have been a problem for DH, he is a carpenter, but cooking now that's another subject..he does good to boil water. I love the appliances you bought. We wouldn't dare go with electric stove though, our power goes off too much in winter and during hurricane season. Which sucks, I would love to go with an electric stove. I believe the heat is more even and cooks so much better than gas.
Molly

Midcenturymadam said...

Beautiful!! I'll bet Tony is cooking up a storm. A smart woman keeps her chef husband happy with awesome appliances. Happy cooking to you two!

Kansas Amy said...

Great appliances, congrats. Yes, those flat tops heat up fast and cool down slow but are so much easier to keep clean!

Allie and Pattie said...

Fabulous!! And I thought stuff like that only happened to us! The end result is awesome! Tell Tony we want to hear how he likes the convection. I was so excited to have it and haven't actually used it as much as I thought I would- everything was burning! I find I need to set mine a bit lower than the recipe calls for
xoxo Pattie

Wendy said...

Tony actually roasted a chicken in it last night, using the convection oven. I agree, I am a little nervous about figuring out the cooking time with the oven, too. Tony said to figure approx. 20% less cooking time.
Amy..you are right, those burners heat up super fast! I was amazed.
Deb..sometimes he surprises us with a baked item, but you are right!! Baking isn't his favorite..because you need to be exact on your measurements...and he never measures when he cooks! (just like his mom)
Wendy

Kendall at Finesse Your Nest said...

Woo hoo! I bet you were so excited when all those new beautiful appliances arrived!

Hey, thanks for coming over to visit me at Finesse Your Nest and for your sweet comments!

Karen said...

LOVE it!!!!!!
What a difference a day makes, right????
I bet it felt great walking in from work to see your shiney new kitchen! :)

dee dee said...

Wendy,
Congrats on the new kitchen "bling"! From what I hear chefs are very good with knives, I guess Tony can add saws all to his mastered tools!
Dee Dee

Treasia Stepp said...

Beautiful new appliances. Love that refrigerator. Have a fabulous time cooking together.

Screaming Meme said...

Simply beautiful! I love it!

Come over and enter my Simple Giveaway! Meme

www.thescreamingmeme.blogspot.com

Snappy Di said...

The end result is lovely. Love your new appliances and what a difference it makes in the appearance of your kitchen. Congrats!

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Pamela said...

Looks awesome Wendy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity