Monday, March 1, 2010

Saying Good Bye and Hello

Dear Refrigerator,
You have been so good to us over the last 17 years.
You were there for us when we needed you...
keeping the milk cold and the ice cream frozen.
You didn't even complain when we fixed you
with Tony's hockey tape.
It's not you, it's us.
Take heart....
we didn't want you to be alone...
so after great thought
the stove can go with you.
We wish you the best...
In your memory...we'll share some pictures.
Sincerely,
Wendy and Tony



A closer look at the hockey tape bandaide.
(that is just terrible...can't even believe I am sharing)

One last memory of the stove...

Saying Hello....

Tomorrow we'll say hello to new appliances!

and something new up here...


Remember when we put our googles on to tackle the steps???

Say hello to the steps..
I need to organize the pictures and I'll post start to finish of the steps project!
I love the sound of walking on wooden steps!

Next on the "To Do List" is saying good bye to the railing...

Are you saying goodbye to anything...
and a happy hello to something new?

Sometimes saying goodbye can actually be fun and even good!!


9 comments:

Jo said...

I was thrilled to say goodbye to our almond side by side and just as thrilled to say hello to our stainless french door frig with the freezer on the bottom ~ heaven I tell ya! It's amazing how much it holds.

Jo

Love the Decor! said...

Just recently said so long to our 28 yr old almond one
I finally have an ice maker and water too. No more ice cube trays Hooray!!

Midcenturymadam said...

We're going backwards...finally got the high btu stainless steel gas stove that I've been wanting for my entire life (slight exaggeration) and when we sold our house last year, the buyers wanted it...so we left it behind. Now I am cooking on the 1956 Roper that is original to our present home. Ouch! Can't wait to see your new additions!

Deb @ Confessions of an Ugly Mom said...

Ahhhhh, an ice maker. A freezer drawer on the bottom (yes?). Water on the outside...

That's ALMOST as exciting as the new dual-suction point radon remediation system and humidifyer condensate pump I got today. Jealous?

(I am.) :-)

And your steps look GREAT!

dee dee said...

Wendy,
For everything there is a season....
I time to say hello and a time to say goodbye!
Can't wait to see the new additions to your family!
Steps look fantastic!
Dee Dee

Karen said...

I LOVE the stairs, Wendy... and I cannot wait to see your kitchen! Goodbye is not always a bad thing after all. I would love to send my fridge on an extended vacation, maybe to the garage....

Allie and Pattie said...

I can't wait to see what Tony picked for a stove! (cause I just know he had some say in that!) That hockey tape is nothing compared to some of the fixes I've tried- and my husband the carpenter just rolls his Irish eyes....
xoxo Pattie

Beth said...

Very funny, Wendy! I love your letter to the fridge. Can't wait to see new pictures!

Alecia said...

glad you have made progress on your stairs- they are looking good!!redoing our stairs is close to the bottom of our very long list- we moved last summer and have been making changes since we moved in.

eager to see what how your old and new appliances get along- can't have the new ones getting all uppity- surely the old ones will make nice for awhile longer. seems like you make one change.......

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity