Sunday, March 7, 2010

New Blog Friends



Tony and I were talking about the blogs we are loving to read
and noticed that we gravitate to food and decorating!
Every Sunday we are going to feature one cooking blog
and one decorating, crafting, or family blog!

Today we are excited to feature

and



We have been anxiously awaiting todays post!
feels like we found family....
We love reading their stories and hearing about their family history!

They are Italian and Irish....just like Tony's family!
Knowing their background...tells you this family knows how to cook!
Your mouth will be watering when you look at the pictures and read the recipes!

I have to start with a picture of Pattie's parents....
wait until you read the romatic story of how they met
and how her mom traveled to the US to meet her new family...


Pattie and Allie blog together...a mother and daughter team!
Love That!!

They posted a recipe today for polenta and grits with shrimp....
I have to figure a way to get there for a Sunday dinner...

Pattie gives a wonderful tutorial on how to make these delicious treats!
Yum Yum....if you have never tried...
you need to add it to your menu planning!
We love these!
Pattie does have a secret ingredient inside....
You didn't think I would give the secret away, did you?

Wait until you read and see the tutorial for this Pork Tenderloin...
(I might have room in my car if you want to ride with me for Sunday dinner)

For all my tablescape and decorating friends out there....

Pattie and Allie can set a beautiful table...
you are going to love all of her beautiful serving pieces and china!
And not only does she set a table once...
she will show you how you can make small changes
and achieve different looks!
I love Italians...
they know that presentation is just as important as the taste :)


I didn't even get to tell you about all the delicious desserts she can make...
You might want to heat up your coffee and tea before you head over...
I can get lost in her blog for a very long time!!
Thank you Pattie and Allie...it has been so much fun meeting you
 and getting to know you!
It was so much fun featuring your blog today :)


I am so excited for you to meet Nita!!

She is a designer and artist, living in a
1931 Tutor Revival...Hollywood inspired...storybook house!

When reading her post, I find myself dreaming....



 hangs in her livingroom...
she got it on Ebay!!

She has more
of these beauties around
her home...

Can you just feel the romance...
This is the after picture of her amazing and beautiful
Wait until you see the before and how she planned
and designed for the beautiful fireplace we see now!
Very inpiring and I love the romatic look of
candles in the fireplace!!


Because of Nita I don't look at a lamp the same...
I am in LOVE with this teapot lamp...
This is just one of Nita's beautiful lamps...

I want to try this in our bedroom!
So Romantic....


Then Nita introduced me to this wonderful
it is filled with decorating and cooking ideas!

Wait until you read about the concert she went to see...
I am so jealous!!

Nita...thank you for letting us feature your blog today!
I love the romance, ideas, and inspiration you bring
with each post!!

Thank you to all our friends
for stopping by and I hope you hop over to say hi
to these wonderful girls!!

Have a great Sunday :)


10 comments:

Allie and Pattie said...

Oh, Wendy and Tony!! You guys are just TOO sweet! I can't wait to show this to Allie- she'll be so thrilled. And you are welcome ANY time! Now I'm off to Nita's- that looks like one I'll LOVE!
xoxo Pattie

Mum in Bloom said...

Wow, the previews of those blogs just took me away. I can't wait to go have a closer look. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Destination Seaborn said...

Great pictures! That food looks delish! And of course I love the decorating pictures. I'm off to read more of these great blogs. Thanks for sharing!
Lisa
P.S. Wendy, I'll be starting nursing school soon. Any tips?

dee dee said...

Wendy,
What a sweet to feature these lovely blogger! You have inspired me to do the same thing here! I want to tell you that my tenderloins never look like that... wow! I have a quick question for Tony? Can I use a George Foreman grill to make paninis?
Dee Dee

Enchanted Rose Studio said...

You know I am just drooling over that chandy and the beautiful ceiling! You are so sweet to feature fellow bloggers. I love the idea! Thanks for the links and I'll be visiting them soon....first I need to take a closer look at that chandy! ha!

Have a lovely Sunday!

Cheers!
Tina

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Not fair to post so many pictures of yummy food! That polenta and shrimp looks delicious! I love that you feature other bloggers. It's a great way to meet new people.
Patricia :o)

Miss Mustard Seed said...

There was so much to take in on that post...yummy food, a sweet old picture, beautiful chandelier on a blue ceiling. Thanks for sharing it all with us!

Michelle said...

What a fun post! That tea pot lamp is dripping with character. I gravitate towards food and decorating as well. I'm off to visit the lovely sounding blogs you featured. Thanks for sharing! :)

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage said...

Wow thanks for those mouthwatering pics!! :)

The Gilded Cherub said...

Hi Wendy,
I just wanted to say I came across your blog and it is so beautiful!! who designed it for you if you don't mind me asking... and the pictures are so pretty, love the chandlier!! I think your idea of sharing recipes is wonderful. My husband Tony is Italian and loves to cook... I am new to blogging started a few weeks ago. If you get the chance please stop by my blog, right after the New Year I'm planning on a big give away just waiting for a few more followers. Have a wonderful Holiday and happy healthy New Year.
Lorene

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity