Sunday, March 28, 2010

Let your heart smile.....


I thought I would change things up today and let you introduce "you" today! Every Sunday I would celebrate a New Blog Friends we had meet and featured them for the day. Then I thought wouldn't it be great to host a party where we can celebrate you and you can link along!

What kind of person are you; do you see the glass half full or half empty? I wish I could tell you I always see the glass half full, but that would be a lie. There are days when I am very positive, but there are also those days when man...that glass looks empty. That was this week.

Some of you know I work full time and this week I attended a conference with a friend from work. When I met Laura at the doors for the conference, my first words to her were "I am going to try to be positive today, but I am finding it hard." Have you been in this place?

The conference we attended was a medical conference for nurses and social workers. The keynote speaker spoke about creation health, first time I heard of this. I looked at Laura and smiled. Yep....God did it again, put right where I was suppose to be! Smiled...yes....I am listening, God...got your message! 

I have been lucky to have people in my life who do see the glass half full all of the time. After listening to the keynote speaker, I came home and wrote a mission statement for my life. I also realized that I need to surround myself with friends who do celebrate life and see the good....see life as a glass half full.  I also learned that we can train our brain to focus on the good (even at 40)!

Which brings me to today's link party! There are so many great stories out there that I read and my heart smiles! Like when Beth writes about herbie playing with the kids and when Dee Dee and her children took a road trip for ice cream! You don't need to link a new post, it could be one that you wrote last year, but when you read your post your heart smile.  We want to smile with you!! Train our brains together to see the good and celebrate today!!

P.S.( I am crossing my fingers and hoping I did everything right for the link party!)



12 comments:

Sarah @ Mum In Bloom said...

Wendy this is a great idea :) I'm am a glass half-full girl. Dear daughter had her 9th birthday Friday and come home from school with head lice - eeekkk! Second time in 6 weeks.. oh dear! We decided to be "good little soldiers" & not let it ruin her birthday and just get through it. My washer & dryer have been going since Friday & I've lots more to go. We had to cut her hair off yesterday after 2 hours of gruelling combing, and I cut mine off too to make her happy :) Sometimes you gotta take your days one challenge at a time, eh? Now... back to the wash :(

Aimee said...

Awesome idea! I will try to remember to link up tomorrow with my weekend rundown post:)

dee dee said...

Wendy,
What a fun idea!
Ask Wayne, I'm not always a glass 1/2 full person. Of course I just asked Wayne the question to which he answered.. "You waffle back and forth, but I would say you are a glass 1/2 empty person" Wow... this post will do good for me then! God is so good, I really need to work at seeing the world as more full and more importantly learn to worry less. Your the best!
thanks for the reminder!
Dee Dee

Beth said...

Hi Wendy! Thanks for the shout-out! I love your Link Party idea, and decided to link my Christmas card quest post...it seems I'm optimistic every year that I will get a good shot...though that doesn't always happen! And by the way...you won't want to hang around with me anymore, I am definitely a glass 1/2 empty person. A worrier! A dweller on things-er. I try though.
Beth

Allie and Pattie said...

Wendy, what a fabulous idea!! It's been rough here lately and I'll love reading some "good stuff"! {{Hugs to you}}
xoxo Pattie

Maria M. Boyer said...

This is wonderful, Wendy. I didn't have a lot to pick from, but did add a post that makes me smile every time. The link worked beautifully, very easy. I spent most of my 30s seeing the cup as half-empty. Just a couple of years ago, I decided it was time to change that, and what a difference it does make. Great idea! Thanks for facilitating it! Hope to see you soon!

Natasha said...

This is such a lovely idea Wendy. I am feeling a bit "glass 1/2 empty as we were supposed to be heading to the beach for a week's vacation today, but, unbelievably, both my husband AND my son broke bones in their arms this weekend playing sport!!!

This idea of yours has lifted my spirits and now I will have something fun to do today! I am going to link up to the blog that I share with my sisters about a fun weekend we had a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks Wendy.
Best wishes,
Natasha.

Deb @ Confessions of an Ugly Mom said...

Look at you, a link party! Fun! Today's post seemed pretty appropriate for the link. Some days I'm better at the half-full thing than others, but always trying. Sorry to hear you had a bad week. ((hugs))

Wendy said...

You guys are all so awesome :) When I decided to have a linky party...the half empty voice was worried no one would link along, but look how great it went :)
I am so happy to go and visit each one and have my heart smile!!
xoxo Wendy

Michelle said...

What a fun idea to do a link party like this. I can't wait to have more time to come back and read them. I'm usually a glass half full person, but it goes both ways. You're right...it helps to surround yourself with likeminded people who pursue happiness because laughter and smiles are incredibly contagious. Great post. I always enjoy my visits here. :)

*°º¤♥-=|F®äñ|=-♥*°º¤ said...

♥♥LOVELY SITE,I WAS READIN SUM OF UR POSTS,THEY ARE GREAT.HAVE A NICE WEEK♥♥

Jessi said...

What a nice story Wendy. I am a recent convert to optimism, and am so thankful! I have a little something for you over at my blog, so be sure to stop by and pick it up! :)
http://yankeebellehome.blogspot.com/2010/03/sunshine-award.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity