Thursday, March 18, 2010

Friday Art Show...

In January I met Dee Dee from Ddzine and
discovered she hosts a Friday Art Show...

I use to go to a truck art party once a month on Thursday nights...
I have missed those truck art parties!

Dee Dee's party inspired me to dust off my brushes and paint a little...

Painting to me is a great escape and
a way to help to decrease stress!

I told Dee Dee as soon as life slows down a little,
I would paint something for her party again!
I am so so happy to join in today!!

This little card is going to my neighbor's
as a thank you for the mower
and
we will miss you...

I want you to look past the beautiful white curtains...
do you see the 2 prints hanging on the wall by wooden hangers?
I have loved this picture from Pottery Barn for awhile...
That inspired my to paint these sunflowers...
thinking of sunny days....
Grabbed a wooden hanger...
and  Ta Da...

I hope you visit DeeDee and admire
the beautiful art work...
maybe even join in on the fun...

P.S. ( We are putting the finishing touches on the shutters
and hopefully I will be ready to share them tomorrow!!)

7 comments:

Allie and Pattie said...

Wendy! You have such talent, girl! That card should be framed! And to our new Italian bloggy friends- Buona Festa di San Giuseppe!
xoxo Pattie

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Very nice, love the sunflowers. I hope to get time to paint something for the party myself soon.
Molly

Jessi said...

I love the idea of hanging artwork from wooden hangers! I have some of those...now, what can I hang from them and where? And you are a talented artist!

dee dee said...

Wendy,
How wonderful!
Love the card and beautiful painting!
Really love the creative way you hung it on the wall! Will have to hunt for a wooden hanger next time I'm thrifting! Beautiful work!
thanks for sharing... Dee Dee

Peg @ Bloomfield Farm said...

Sunflowers are just about my favorite flowers. I love the way you hung your paintings too. My favorite is the beautiful card. I like the way you added just a little color in the accents. Beautiful art... all of it!

Michelle said...

Love your sunflower picture! You did a great job, and I ♥ the colors you chose to paint with. So pretty and warm! The card is very pretty, too. Looks like fun to do!

Anonymous said...

Wendy,

Your sunflower is sooooo cheery. I know that it brings happiness to the room where it is displayed. What a unique way to hang art! I have enjoyed checking out your fine blog.

Blessings, Gwyn

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity