Monday, February 15, 2010

Top 10 favorite finds

This post was so much fun! One of my favorites!
I went to my Grandmother Audrey's with my camera!
Her home is like walking into a favorite shop!
There are ideas in every corner...


I took 94 pictures!
I am going to share my 10 ten favorite finds in her home!
Let me tell you, it was so hard to pick my 10 favorite.
Where you scared I was going to share 94!!
It was so much fun to have my camera and take my time.
I also got to hear stories about so many pieces and why they are so special.
It was a great afternoon!

#1
A collection of Iron Stone Pottery
These are 2 different blue shelves.
I think that is transferware on the top of the shelf...am I right?

#2
Using the top of a chair as a decoration and
to hang items from.
I never would have thought of this!

#3
Turning an old toaster into a lamp


#4
Making a cabinet out of old barnwood
and use the cabinet for spices and tea.


#5
Stacking stools to make a decorative statement


#6
There is so much in this picture I love,
but I have to  pick the hanging candle chandelier.
Tony's pick was the collection of small brooms.
You pick your favorite!!


#7
A warm teapot waiting for your guests on your coffee table.


#8
Framing a piece of a favorite quilt.


#9
Using an antique soup bowl as a shaving cup.


#10
Could I really be at 10 already?
Hanging vintage child dresses as a decoration
(don't you love the small shutter above the dresses)

We didn't even get to see how she made her livingroom curtains from doilies,
 her antique doll clothe collection, her laundry room or how she turned a closet into an open pantry.

Although, I will leave you with a picture
of my Grandpa and Grandma Audrey.

I keep going back over the pictures and find new treasures and ideas!
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

I am so happy to be linking to Show and Tell Friday
at My Romantic Home


20 comments:

Aimee said...

WOW these are very neat pictures. She is a very unique person. I got to say that the spice rack is my favorite:) I love how it looks and what can I say...I love spices

Aimee

dee dee said...

Wendy,
What a fun visit you had! Thank you for sharing your favorite pictures! It is so hard to pick my favorite, I love the beautiful pitchers, small brooms and the stacks of benches!
You asked before about the lye soap... I think it was used for laundry???? I'll have to research it! You will need to share more photos when you have time!
Dee Dee

Wendy said...

Dee Dee, I think you are right about using it for laundry. I forgot to ask her on Sunday. I'll see her on Weds and ask!! Wendy

Beth said...

Wow, Wendy, your grandmother can decorate! I loved the little brrooms in the picture and the tiny little cake pan collection.

Danielle @ Transforming Home said...

Wow - great ideas!

Danielle

Manuela@TPOH said...

Wow, she really has lots of wonderful collections and displays! I love the stacked stools!

Manuela

Katie said...

Neat finds! Not sure if you saw my reply to your comment, but I'd be honored! :)

Deb @ Confessions of an Ugly Mom said...

Holy cow you were not kidding. I love the red plates and bowl. And all the iron stone pottery. Her wonderful booth is so, well, her!

Debbie said...

HI Wendy,

I love the primitives...I always told my husband if we did not have the look and collections we have I would want that...it is so warm. I just posted a home tour....come for a visit....Debbie

heartnsoulcooking said...

Wendy,
You're a sweetheart and I love your blog, so I have an award for you. Come by and visit so you can receive it.
Geri

kim said...

What a fantastic primitives collection she has. Love those old benches.

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Wow, what an amazing collection of things she has! I really love the stacked stools!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

What a great Grandmother to have! Love the darling photos!
Debbie-Dabble

Marianne@Songbird said...

Your grandmother has a wonderful home. It really shows that she has a talent for styling and lots of humor.

Sandi said...

Love all the stools stacked! Say thank you to her for letting you share with us!!

Leann said...

What a lovely couple and a lovely home. It does look like it's a store of a magazine shoot. She has so many lovely things.

Leann

Just a dreamer said...

Your Grandma is a Class Act!

Mary said...

Your Grandma has a house full of treasurs. What wonderful things she's collected over the years. I hope you will share more of her treasures with us in future. Thanks so much.

Lizzy said...

Your Grandma Audrey has such beautiful things - I don't blame you for taking 94 photos!!! And I bet there's more to be taken too. Thanks for sharing - love it!

Leslie @ goodbye, house! HELLO, HOME! said...

I just now saw this post!
How come I missed this!
I love her whole house!
I wasn't scared when you said you took 94 pictures, I was excited!
:)
She is an original decorator-she could teach us more things than a Country Living magazine!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity