Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Slowskey's


One step at a time...

As you know we started the steps...
last month...
then the dishwasher broke...

Actually, even if the dishwasher didn't break
we probably still would be where we are
on the steps.



It took 3 years to do the basement...

I promise
it won't take 3 years to do the steps...
hopefully...



The first floor is hardwood and
our biggest fear was matching the stain...

Tony took a piece of the hardwood to the
local paint store.

When we have a very important project,
that requires the paint or stain to be exact we go
this small town paint store...

not  to Lowes
not to Sherwin & Williams

to a small town...
been around for ever
paint store!!

They custom mixed the stain...


It is a perfect match...

I thought until we finish
 you would like to dream with me...

Because you know I love
to dream...

Grand Home Renovations

Dream Home; West Chester magazine

Baxter and Anderson Co.
(notice the brick framing the door opening)







7 comments:

stephanied said...

Can't wait to see the finished project!

kmarx99 said...

I love the dream home photos Wendy, but even more... I love the title, The Slowskeys. I am still laughing! So funny, especially because you aren't... it will all be finished before you know it!

Wendy said...

Karen, you know how I get side tracked so easy with a new project, before the "old" project is finished! It is a good thing that we need the steps, so maybe it will help keep the project moving!!
Wendy

Kim said...

Slow but sure wins the race Wendy! What's funny is that my dear friend Stacy is going through exactly the same thing right now and every day she tells me she can't wait til the stairs are finished. I gotta show her this post! It's gonna look fab Wendy. And yes! Near me, well sort of, there's a Home Goods. Actually 2 of them - one in Marlton and one in Moorestown, which are right near eachother. Both are great. TTYS!
Kim

Alecia said...

Great inspiration pics- we are in a similiar situation with our steps- covered in berber style carpet- like the two toned look of the steps a lot- will have to show this to my hubby and add to our long list of things to get around to.

Natasha said...

Hi Wendy! It looks like you have been a very busy bee while I have been on holidays and being a slack blogger! Your stairs are going to look amazing if those inspiration pictures are anything to go by!

I love your new blog design too-it is absolutely divine and I am going to take a button with me before I go!

So glad that you are well and I look forward to seeing the "after" photos of the stairs real soon!

Best wishes always,
Natasha.

Nicole@CraftySisters-nc said...

I'm excited to see the finished result! Sometimes I wish I had some stairs in our house to play around with, but my knees are glad I don't.:)

I love the new look of your blog! It's So pretty! Did you do it yourself? Great job!
:)Nicole

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity