Thursday, February 25, 2010

Shopping Therapy

I appologize, with being back in school
I haven't been very crafty .
Although I still can squeeze in a shopping trip!
I find treasure hunting in a thrift shop to be wonderful therapy!

Last week the kids and I went to the local thrift store!
We did awesome and had so much fun!
The kids find it an adventure...
we never know what treasures we might find!

Treasure # 1
$19.00

We were walking through the furniture and
we turned the corner and spied this clock!
I did a double take on the price tag...$19.00.
I even had Maddy double check the price for me!
I told the kids you stay here and
I almost ran to the cash register to get a sold tag to
put on it while we continued to shop!


The clock looks perfect in our basement!
My worry was that it wouldn't work,
but keeps time beautifully!!

Treasure #2
$6.00

My grandmother Audrey has a beautiful collection
of Iron Stone pottery.
Since taking the pictures of her home,
I added the pottery to my wish list.
I found this little beauty!
No chips, perfect!


Treasure # 3
$8.00 (3 pieces)
Another love is for Milk Glass.
I just love the grape design and is easily found.


I was hoping to find plates, cups, and saucers.
No luck on that trip...
that is okay...
just means more shopping!

Treasure #4
$25.00
After we found the clock,
we turned the corner and found this mirror.
I think it might have been from an Armoire.
I am going to use it in our bedroom and
just prop it against the wall.


Treasure #5
This little beauty is actually going to go
I am going to paint is a creamy white!
It will be hard to part with!
(I'll be sure to share pictures when I am finished painting)

I put the milk glass and the iron stone pitcher
in the china cabinet.





Can't wait to see what great treasures we
find this weekend!!

Join me at
for a
Thrifty Thursday

and at
The Coloradolady for
Vintage Thingies Thursday

for
Trash Picking Thursday

Happy Treasure Hunting!!


19 comments:

dee dee said...

Wendy,
What great finds! I love to thrift shop! Ever since high school it has always been one of my favorite things to do! I buy everything from furniture, clothing to my shoes!
I love you white pitcher! Looks great in your china cabinet!
Dee Dee

Kendall at Finesse Your Nest said...

Hi Wendy! Love your blog and thanks for visiting mine as well! Love the things you found, but especially the milk glass and the mirror!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You did get some nice treasures - really like the clock.

Maureen said...

OMG - I would have felt like a thief getting all of those things for such a great price. Unbelievable!

Elizabeth said...

What amazing bargains, especially that clock!! I want to go to THAT thrift store!

Ann Creek said...

It can't believe the cost of the clock, I bet you wanted to use eyedrops!!! What a great purchase. Love everything else too.

Kim said...

Girl you did goooood!! Way to go. That clock I would've arm wrestled you for! I went thrifting today and didn't find anything. Boohoo. It's so hit or miss. Getting more snow today and tomorrow. How bout you?
xoxo,
Kim

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Wendy,

Looks like you found some great treasures! Love the little vanity with the mirror. It is going to look awesome painted white.

Debbie

Coloradolady said...

What great finds...I love the milk glass and the ironstone, I recently found a milk glass punch bowl and cups...and well, had to nearly fight a lady off as she wanted to take it out of my buggy at goodwill!! Loved your post...Have a great VTT!

Wendy said...

I just love how we all think alike!
Someone actually followed me to my car that day. He wanted the mirror. He made an offer, but I loved it too much to part with it!
I would have protected that punch bowl, too! That was a great find :)
Kim...next time you are in town here, let me know I'll share the good spots to go!! Or if you ever want to meet with Stephanie and I...we can plan a day of thrifting!
Wendy

Mimi said...

Wendy, you found some wonderful thrifting treasures...love the ironstone pitcher. It just amazes me what some people discard, but am glad they do!

concretenprimroses said...

Great finds! Funny comments about fighting over things at GW.
Thank good ness for thrift stores so we can recycle things so easily!
Kathy

Alma said...

WTG! That clock is a bargain at just $19, and I just ♥ milk glass. The vanity is really nice too--I just love all your finds! :)

Vonlipi said...

You definitely have the eye! I love the milkglass.

Happy VTT

Lizzy said...

You are so lucky to find these brilliant bargains! The clock is a favourite....and the price!!!! Wow!

thasnifty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thasnifty said...

oh my lord that clock, that mirror, that vanity!!!! I am more than a lil envious, but oh so glad you shared that eyecandy!

My thrift stores have nothing on yours. I am humbled lol

thanks for taking the time to visit my blog too :) am now a follower of your lovely blog.

-brightest blessings-
Karina

thasnifty.blogspot.com

Pamela said...

Wendy I am LOVING your treasures and kicking myself for not getting my TTT post up for it! Next week for sure! I soo would have fought ya for that clock!:)

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

SO many great finds!! It makes me want to go shopping!!
Patricia :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity