Friday, February 5, 2010

Shellfish Paella Risotto by Tony

I have to share a secret....
Tony (my husband) is responsible for most Foodie Friday recipes.
He has really gotten into "the blog"
at first he would look from a distance and
give his comment on how I should change up a recipe
or say "this is a good shot"
or "did you get that"

The last few recipes are all Tony..
some of the recipes I wasn't even home to take pictures...
all Tony..

(he is going to kill me for posting this)

One Foodie Friday he left with the recipe and I only had pictures..
This Foodie Friday I couldn't understand the changes he made to the recipe..
so I had to call to find out  the exacts...
he has so many awesome tips...

So offically this is the last time I am posting his recipes...
Next Friday and every Foodie Friday will be
blogged and posted by Tony
(I didn't tell him this yet..he is at work)

I think you'll like him...
So this is my last Friday posting for Tony..
.......here we go!!


Ingredients:
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 lb hot Italian sausages, casings removed
12 clams, scrubbed
12 mussels, scrubbed, debearded

(4) 8 oz bottles clam juice
1 teaspoon saffron threads
(did you know if you don't want to use saffron you can add yellow food coloring
so you get the color...you just lose out on it's flavor)

2 cups arborio rice or medium grain rice
1/2 cup dry white wine

1/2 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
1 10 oz package frozen peas, thawed
2 large plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped

In a large sauce pan over medium heat add 1 tbsp olive oil.
Add chopped onion and cook until tender
Add sausage meat
cook until sausage is no longer pink


Add clams and mussels.
Increase heat to medium-high
cover and cook until shells open
(about 5 minutes)

After clams and mussels open
trasfer to a seperate bowl
and keep warm
*Discard any that do not open*


 Add arborio rice to sauce pan that the clams and mussels
were cooked in and stir 2 minutes over medium heat.


Add the liquid ingredients by 1/3rd's and stir with a wooden spoon only.
Cook until the liquid is evaporated, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes.


Simmer until rice is just tender and creamy.
Stirring frequently, about 20 minutes
Add shrimp, peas and chopped tomatoes
cook until shrimp are cooked through, stirring frequently
Season to taste with salt and pepper


Top with clams and mussles




This is a great dish!
The bold flavors of spain are combined with the creamy texture of
Italy's risotto.
Delicious!! Reminds me of our trip to Mexico!
I know Tony would love your comments!!

Next week: Petite Chocolate Espresso Ganache
We are linking to another fabulous



9 comments:

Jessi @ Yankee Belle Home said...

Oh my! I love paella, and that looks so yummy! What time is dinner?

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Bravo, Wendy! You and Tony make a great foodie team! I think you need to continue to post together. Makes it more fun! :-) I wish that Mr. Magpie would post with me.

Love paella so this is something I know I'd enjoy.

Happy Foodie Friday!

XO,

Sheila :-)

ButterYum said...

Seriously, I think I'm in love!

:)
ButterYum

Michael Lee West said...

Welcome, Tony! Bandwidth and I were seriously thinking about clams but we backed off at the last minute because we didn't have a good recipe. Now we do!

Maria M. Boyer said...

Wendy! I've enjoyed looking back through your blog. Just wish I'd have known about it sooner! What fun!

Janean said...

oh my goodness, this looks sooooooooooo good! very yummy......

Beth said...

Hi Wendy! I've been busy subbing all week and feel like I haven't been caught up on all my blogs forever! i love your new look, and the pillows are beautiful! Tell Tony the paella looks delicious...much better than my first stab at it (I made it for Dave on our second date and he had an allergic reaction and had to leave halfway through the meal!) Hope all of you are well!
Beth

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Wendy & Tony~ I want to try makking this recipe with my hubby. We enjoy cooking together. Even more so when we're trying to recreate a unique recipe from a favored restaurant.
The Paella risotto has a wonderful presentation. It's nice when the dish taste as it looks.

I wanted to thank you...I was looking for a birthday gift that I could make. Your memory wire (pearl) bracelet idea was perfect. I needed a pattern that would fit an extra small (adult) wrist. I enjoy your DIY tutorials as much as the food recipes.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

this blessed nest said...

this looks delish! i too, am lucky. my husband will cook with me. but i must say we never try anything "outside" of the box. it is always normal food. i just might have to show him this post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity