Friday, February 12, 2010

Petite Chocolate Espresso Ganache


 Hey, I'm Tony, Wendy's husband! This is my first post, so bare with me.
Food, its what I do.  I cook based on how I'm feeling, what looks and feels right, how much time I have. I don't always follow a recipe. I graduated from C.I.A., a little school in Hyde Park, N.Y. I am the youngest of five boys, and took after my mom, a great cook, who I still can't cook like today! She took me to her restaurant, where the restaurant staff looked after me, while she cooked. So, this industry kind of chose me.  I did't know anything else, so its what I chose for a living.

I love Ganache, its rich, elegant,versatile and a classic!
It gets you the Wow factor with little effort! 

Petite Chocolate Espresso Ganache
If you can heat heavy cream, and beat egg whites, you can do this recipe.


6 oz. Bittersweet, or Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
6 oz. Heavy Cream
4 Tbsp. Butter
1 oz. Espresso Brewed (or use a double strength Pkt of instant Sanka) 

Method:
 Chop Chocolate into small pieces
Place into a Stainless-Steel bowl
Heat cream and butter, over medium heat until it just comes to a boil.
Pour cream over chocolate, let stand 5 mintues.

Stir cream, Chocolate, and espresso until blended. 






Rough chopped chocolate

Add the cream and butter



Let stand five minutes, then stir


Lookin' Good
Add espresso when mixing chocolate and cream

Pour into Demi-Tasse Cups, or you can use a Martini Glass, a coffee Cup,or whatever looks good.
Don't worry about what you put it in, just do what works for you!


I love these little guys, they just get so many comments!
You can get these at a restaurant supply store for a few bucks


Basic Meringue (Simple)
3 Egg Whites
4 Tbsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Sugar

Beat (room temp) Egg whites until frothy.
Beat in sugar, 1 tsp at a time until stiff and glossy.
Beat in Vanilla.
Done.


 

Once you pour the Ganache into the serving vessel of your choice, pipe the meringue with a pastry bag, or just spoon it on top.


Place it under your broiler until golden brown.
Don't walk away, because it only takes a few seconds to go from good to really bad fast!

Voila!!
Your done!
Set them in the fridge to set-up for two hours, or overnight 
and your ready to wow somebody!
Kids love them too!

Don't forget to stop by  Foodie Friday to
see all the delicious recipes!

20 comments:

Midcenturymadam said...

You are so lucky that I'm not your next door neighbor. I'd probably be dropping by every evening. Just popping in to say hey and by the way, what's cooking tonight? Looks scrumptious.

Alecia said...

That looks very tempting!!! Clear directions makes it seem really easy- however, I would skip the topping - never been a fan of meringue.

Love the Decor! said...

I am drooling!!
Your wife is a lucky woman to have you in the kitchen :)

Beth said...

Yum, Tony! Lookis delicious. I especially love the meringue on top! Thanks for sharing!

dee dee said...

Tony,
Wow wished we lived closer! These sound wonderful! My hubby is a great cook too, he's sitting behind me waiting for me to read him the directions!... Dee Dee

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Hello Wendy ~I didn't want to miss the opportunity to come by and wish you a Happy Valentines Day.
Sometimes our lives can become very busy making it difficult to return visits. I truly appreciate you taking the time to not only visit but, especially for leaving me with your sweet comments.
It inspires my creativity. It's always a joy to see what you've been cooking and creating too.
I like the idea of the meringue topping. This will be ideal to serve for Valentines.


Sweet Valentine Wishes,
Sara

stephanie said...

Great job Tony!! Maybe you should start your own blog, I could use a new recipe everyday!! Ladies, I have had a few of Tony's meals and they are awesome!! Stopped by the "booth" yesterday. Looks great! Love the wind chimes!

kmarx99 said...

Great post Tony! I enjoyed reading about your mom and ofcourse I DO consider myself lucky to be your neighbor... not only because of the great food, but all the great laughs, too.

Kim said...

do you have a brother?

Kim said...

What a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man.......Shooop!

Wendy said...

Everyone is so sweet! I can't wait for Tony to get home to read his comments!
Kim...he actually has 4 brothers :) They are an italian and irish family and a lot of fun! One family lives very close to you!
Karen...your sweet daughter got to eat one of these delicious treats yesterday:)
Thanks everyone!
Wendy

Deb @ Confessions of an Ugly Mom said...

I'm still in love with your panna cotta. That's not inappropriate, right?

It's fun to see you blogging, Tony. And it's a treat for everyone else!

Pamela said...

How yummy!!! Thanx for stopping over! I am loving your blog design! It is very french country. Who is it by?? Yeah, my grandparents lived in Stroudsburg for I think most of their lives.

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Oh wow! Those look amazing!

alissa said...

Yum Yum Yum - those look delish! I want one now!!!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

How delicious that sounds! Jackie

Sweet and Savory said...

Tony, what beautiful directions. If you could only airmail that to me, it would be perfect.

dee dee said...

Wendy,
No problem! How sweet of you, by all means use what ever you need!
Dee Dee

Katie said...

Just found your blog -- I'm definitely bookmarking that recipe!! Sounds delish! :)

Debbiedoo's said...

I could so go for this right now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity