Sunday, February 28, 2010

New Blog Friends...who can cook!

Sunday Dinner's...
it is a big deal in our family!
When I started dating Tony and
invited to his family's Sunday Dinner,
it was better then being invited to the best restaurant in town.

Let me set the stage for you...
Italian / Irish family with 5 boys and their wives or girl friends
and 15 grandchildren.
Mary cooked every Sunday for everyone...
How I miss her and her rigatoni with meatballs.
Tony has definitely inherited his mothers talent for cooking and
takes his Sunday dinners very seriously.
It is a tradition we hope to pass on to our kids.

(This is Mary with two of my nieces...a few years ago)

We (Tony & I) are enjoying reading the following
two blogs and trying their recipes!

I am lucky to know Maria  at
Mange, Fille personally!
She is a freelance copyeditor and writes the best stories
with each recipe.
Her Italian heritage is the heart of each story and meal.
Oh.. wait until you see her recipes!

 How about a delicious recipe for marinara sauce.
Maria shares a great story about dissecting a recipe
I had to smile with this story,
because it is exactly how my recipe box looks from Mary.

Now, you didn't think I was going to share the secret...did you?
I will tell you this....
Italians take their sauce or gravy (as Mary called it)  very seriously...
you'll have to hop over and read the secret!!


A favorite in our house!
Besides having great Italian recipes for us,
Maria offers the option to have a
printable version of the recipe on her site!
I love that....I just click and print!!

Next I would like you to meet
Sarah at Mum in Bloom...

I am just going to jump right in and share a picture of her



 We love our comfort food and this recipe is one of my favoites!
What is it about comfort food on a cold rainy or snowy day?
This recipe is so easy to make and we actually had all the ingredients on hand.
Sarah...it was delicious...Thank you!!

Sarah also has recipes that my kids will love..
we can't wait to try this recipe!!


She has recipes for French Toast Puffs, lemon ginger scones, toffee bars,
and the list goes on and on and on....
is your mouth watering yet??

This next recipe is for my BFF Deb...
You are going to love it...

One last note about Sarah and this is awesome...
she has slow cooker recipes!
Don't you just love your slow cooker?
I would be lost without mine.

I hope you have a chance to hop over and meet Maria and Sarah,
and enjoy their great stories and their awesome recipes!!

What are you cooking for Sunday Dinner today?
We are gong to enjoy Tony's rigatoni's and meatballs..
wish you could join us!


11 comments:

Mum in Bloom said...

Oh, I'm so flattered thank you so much for linking my site :) I just pulled Apple Cinnamon Scones outta the oven & will be posting them this week.

I'm definately stopping over at Maria's as we love Italian cooking. The last company I worked for was home-based in Milan and the staff was particular about their food. I loved our company dinners. We even had an espresso machine in the lunch room & I got really really hooked on it.

Thanks again for all the inspiration :)

Maria M. Boyer said...

Wendy, thank you so much for the shout-out! I enjoy reading about and seeing your creations as well ... though I think you much more patient than I! Looking forward to all that's to come from you and Tony!

Wendy said...

The two of you are so inspiring! I look forward to reading many more of your posts and trying your fabulous recipes!!
Wendy :)

Allie and Pattie said...

Oh, thanks so much-I love finding great new blogs to visit. I've been trying to figure out that printable recipe link thing, but I'm such a techno-dummy! Have a wonderful Sunday!
xoxo Pattie and Allie

Deb @ Confessions of an Ugly Mom said...

LOL, you know this raw chicken-phobe loves to cook chicken for HOURS. This recipe is for me! I have printed it out and will use it for the chicken parts currently hanging out in my fridge.

Love seeing the picture of Mary. You'll have to share her meatballs and spaghetti sauce recipe sometime.

dee dee said...

Wendy,
You are so thoughtful to feature other each Sunday! I would love to do a small shout out for you this week, that OK with you?
So many of the foods you featured today are my favorites! Thanks for sharing... Dee Dee

Wendy said...

Dee Dee, I am honored and would love it!

Deb, I knew you would love this site :) Thought of you with many of the recipes!! Do you mean share the meatball recipe with everyone?

Wendy :)

Deb @ Confessions of an Ugly Mom said...

Yup, with the group. We make her meatballs all the time, and I make a pot of Mary's sause every week. Love it.

Destination Seaborn said...

Yummy! This looks delish! I'm coming over from Dee Dee's shout-out! I had to get the recipe for the ganache cups! I'll definately be back! Your newest follower, Lisa

Kathy said...

Hello Wendy...Nice to meet your and your great
blog...
family...
recipes...
projects!!!
Loved looking through some past posts...My kind of place here...

xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Stop over when time permits...Love to have you!

heartnsoulcooking said...

WOW!!! so many GREAT!!! recipes to try and blogs to visit. THANKS!!! for the AWESOME!!! post.
Geri

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity