Sunday, January 10, 2010

Wood Work Class 101

We opened
The Little Booth
last week.

I have all these ideas floating in my head!
This prompted a phone call....
Dad...I was wondering could I use your shop....



I had a huge list of projects.
This is for a picture frame!!!




Before starting the actual wood working we
first went to Lowes to buy the wood needed.
Oops....We should have taken the truck.
Almost not enough room for the kids....




Dad figured out the mitered corners for the picture frame!
It ended up being a little more complicated than I thought!
This project will need to be a team effort!

While dad figured and cut the wood for the frame....
I got to use the miterbox...




....and the drill press





We didn't use the lathe...




Next time I plan to use the jigsaw or the bandsaw...







Dad cutting the picture frame and the
wood for these....




and this....



to go here....







I did put the Painted notecards...  in The Little Booth..
Thanks for all your words of encouragement!!


I really enjoyed spending time with my dad in the shop!
As soon as the picture frame is finished I will be sure to share!

While dad and I were in the shop....
Mom and the kids were busy baking these...




and looking at these....




These are my great grandparents salt and pepper shaker collection.
That will need to be a post all by itself! They are awesome!



6 comments:

Deb @ Confessions of an Ugly Mom said...

Holy cow, you've been busy! I see your "bee" frame, too. Audrey's hutch is perfect. GO WENDY GO!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Those frames look fantastic - all those tools open up a whole new world!

Susie from Bienvenue said...

Dads are the best!!! Your chalkboards are beautiful!

Marianne@Songbird said...

Your dad has some shop it must be so much fun to learn how to work those tools! Conquering power tools is on my resolutions list for 2010 as well. Have fun.

Beth said...

I love them! Wendy, where is your booth? FB if you want it private. Good luck!

Felicia said...

Congrats on your booth, it's looking good! After years of shopping at antique stores I finally set one up of my very own for the first time last week. You can check it out at my blog :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity