Thursday, January 7, 2010

Trunk Art




D dzine is hosting a Art-Work-Friday party
and I am so excited to participate.

I do want to start by saying that I am no way
close to being an artist...
but a good friend of mine invited me a few years
ago to take painting classes.

We would put our kids to bed...
pack up our supplies....
and meet at her neighbors house....
about 10 mom's getting together for painting classes...
we would be there till about Midnight...

We called it trunk art
because....
we would be uncertain that it looked good when we left
but...
we would put it in our trunk over night
and...
the next morning it looked new and
beautiful...
to us!!!

So here is my trunk art...
(Dedicated to Dana)

I started with blank white notecard
and painted some flowers!
Thinking of spring...not snow!



Flower Note Card #1



Flower Note Card #2




Flower Note Card #3




I like to add a little touch to the envelope.



Sorry...
I painted the dragonfly in a pale pink.
It was difficult to get a good picture.



Here are some framed in Sarah's bedroom.



Maybe some will make it to




Dee Dee, Thank you so much for hosting a fun party!
I had so much fun painting tonight!
Now I need to go and put it in my trunk!!


7 comments:

silk purse said...

Thank you for your very kind and encouraging comments! I must say this little party of Dee Dee's is oodles of fun!

~You really should re-think the notion that "you are by no means an artist"; I strongly, yet repectfully disagree!..,

There is such a visually "lighthearted", artistic and joyful charm to each very pretty piece my dear.~ I love them all! Please keep painting; they are wonderful!

Hearing about that group of moms who met to create "Trunk Art" is nothing short of absolutely heartwarming, inspiring and delightful!~ I loved hearing about your artistic adventures!..,

Cheers from Wanda Lee, a.k.a./Silken Purse @ The Plumed Pen

Carol said...

I wish I had a group like yours when my kids were little. Art can be very solitary. Your work is fresh & delightful, with a touch of whimsy! I agree with Wanda Lee..rethink that notion of not being an artist because you ARE!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

I have to 3d (is there such a thing) that opinion, you are a true artist. An artist is anyone who can take a thought and transfer it to paper and enjoys doing so. You thoughts are absolutely heartwarming, they are light heart and airy, and above all very beautiful.
Thanks for joining us tonight.
Molly

Peg @ Bloomfield Farm said...

I love your drawings! They are so pretty all matted and framed together. Painting with others is so much fun. I have always been in either an art class with a teacher or a painting group with friends. It helps so much to encourage each other; plus, it's just fun to visit with other people who like to be creative.

dee dee said...

Wendy,
These are simply beautiful! Love the light airy colors, the dragon flies are just lovely! I'm so excited that you have joined in the fun! I can't wait to see what you do next. By all means, you must sell these wonderful cards. I love them!
Dee Dee

Alecia said...

so very pretty and girly- I love them.

Jeanette said...

Wendy - love them. The colors are so girly and I just adore dragon flies! You should sell them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity