Saturday, January 16, 2010

Spinach and Bacon Pasta



Sorry to join Foodie Friday late this weekend!

This pasta dish is so good!
Serve with some crusty bread and
a nice glass of red  wine....

Ingredients:
1 lb wide egg noodles, cooked
1/4 cup olive oil
1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp italian season
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
pinch salt & pepper
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes
2 Tablespoon butter
1 bag (6oz) fresh baby spinach leaves
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
8 slice bacon, crisply cooked
(we used tastefully simple bacon bits)

 cook noodles per directions on package

 Marinade chicken in oil and balsamic vinegar with italian season, garlic, red pepper flakes,
salt, and pepper.



 Heat large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 5-7 min. or until cooked through.


 Add can diced tomatoes; cook for 1 min., stirring occasionally.


 Add 2 tablespoon butter



 Add spinach and bacon



 Simmer for 1 minute


Mix with the pasta.

Pour yourself a glass of red wine and enjoy!!



Don't forget to go to foodie friday for some delicious recipes!!



2 comments:

Michael Lee West said...

I've had an earache, and it has taken me longer than I thought to visit. As I worked my way through the recipes, I kept looking at "spinach and bacon" and thinking, I can't wait to see that one! You didn't disappoint. These are my two favorite flavors. In fact, Bandwidth made a wilted spinach salad the other night and added bacon. Heaven. So I know this recipe will be absolutely up my alley. I can't wait to make it. Thank you so much for your contribution and allowing us into your kitchen this Friday.

Beth said...

Looks delicious, Wendy! I can't wait to try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity