Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Silver Leaf Votives






This is the first time I ever worked with silver leaf.
I wasn't sure how it would go.
I have decided it is alot of fun!

Last week I painted everything with chalkboard paint!
I think this week I am going to go on a silver leaf craze!

You will need the following:



votive from the dollar store
spray adhesive
silver leaf
acrylic sealer
paint brush

Step 1:
Coat the interior of the votives with spray adhesive.
Allow it to dry until it is clear and tacky.





Step 2:
Apply the silver leaf using the tissue sheets.
Rub the leaf onto the surface, then remove the tissue.
I used a dry soft paint brush to remove any excess silver leaf.





The first votive I tried to get the entire votive covered with the silver leaf.
As I did more I realized that I liked the look of cracks and was not
as particular about getting it perfect.


Step 3:
Spray the silver leaf surface with acrylic sealer.



Step 4:
Add votive
&
Enjoy!!













Today I am sharing this at The Shabby Chic Cottage
for Trasformation Thursday.

On Friday I am going to be partying with some
Creative Cats at Poppy's at Play!!

Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home

On Sat. visit Funky Junk Interiors for
Saturday Nite Special


21 comments:

Treasia Stepp said...

They turned out so pretty. I like the looks of them. Really dresses up a plain candle holder.

Michelle@Sweet Something said...

Really cute and simple! Great job!

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage said...

Wow nice!!

Anonymous said...

Very unique!

Pamela
Your Fellow RN
Michigan

Danielle @ Transforming Home said...

Beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial - I have always been afraid of that stuff.

Danielle

Andy Porter said...

What a cool way to give them an aged look. I love it!

Andy
Poppies at Play

The Thriftress said...

Almost looks like mercury glass. Very cool.

Ms. Bake-it said...

How clever! I like the way they turned out.

Thanks for the tutorial.

~ Tracy

A Gracious Home said...

These are so beautiful. I will see if I can make some. Doylene

Cass @ That Old House said...

They are adorable! Great tutorial, thanks.
Cass

Amy@TheLemonCottage said...

How pretty! Thanks for the great pictures. This is something I have been wanting to try, but too chicken!
~Amy

Adrienne said...

Wow - how did I miss this?? It looks like mercury glass! Just what I need - another project! But my favorite kind - simple. I never would have figured that out.

Thanks for visiting me.
Adrienne at http://adriennedepitera.blogspot.com/

One Cheap B*tch said...

What a great idea! Thanks for giving instructions and making it look so easy!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

VERY pretty! Love how the light peeks through all the imperfections.

Thanks for linking it up to SNS!
FJ Donna

Lissa @ MyThriftyTreasures said...

Oh so pretty! Very vintage, they kinds remind me of something you would find in an estate sale. I'm gonna have to try silver leafing.

Linda said...

Sooooo PRETTY...you did an awesome job! Hope you have a FUN weekend!

Blessings,
Linda

Leanne said...

They turned out so pretty. Great job!

pk @ Room Remix said...

Those turned out great. I really want to try doing something with silver leaf one of these days.

Melanie said...

The votives look like they should be Italian, in a rusty Italian villa somewhere. Great Job.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

simple & easy project! turnout to be great project

Room to Inspire said...

Wow, these turned out great! I will have to give this a shot. Thanks for sharing.

Chelsea

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity